Date: Jan 29, 2020
Location: Korea (KOR), KR
Company: Green Climate Fund
Deadline: 11 February 2020 (11:59 PM KST)
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to assist developing countries to respond to climate change while bringing prosperity to their peoples.
Established in 2010, the GCF invests in transformational climate projects in the developing world. The Fund makes an ambitious contribution to global climate action and channels significant financial resources into developing countries to help build low-emission and climate-resilient societies. It is country-driven and undertakes actions that reflect the circumstances of each country concerned and its national aspirations. The GCF is a key enabler of the 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
Since its establishment, the GCF has approved 111 projects in 99 countries and has committed USD 5.0 billion in climate finance. In addition, it has built up an extensive program to support developing countries to identify their needs, in particular, those who are most vulnerable to climate change impacts.
The GCF’s diverse workforce is advancing its mission from its headquarters in South Korea. Our talented staff makes unique contributions to the Fund, enriching the institution through their combined expertise and professional commitment.
The Intern will provide operational and administrative support to the GCF Sustainability Initiative. S/he will have the opportunity to learn and expand her/his experiences through practical and guided exposure and involvement with the GSI. The intern will be based at the Fund’s headquarters in Songdo, Incheon City, Republic of Korea.
Under the overall guidance of the Corporate Sustainability Officer (CSO), the Intern is expected to:
- Provide support in managing the GSI and coordinating with its members/volunteers;
- Compile best practices, lessons learned, experiences and stories on green office strategies as well as assist in its application and implementation in GCF;
- Undertake and support the establishment of baselines for the Fund’s sustainability/climate performance (e.g. GHG emissions, paper and energy use, etc.);
- Contribute to outreach and communication activities, such as meetings, lunch talks, workshops, monthly newsletters, infographics, brochures, and other communication materials. Prepare promotional materials for major environmental commemorative days such as Earth Day, World Environment Day, etc;
- Monitor and report the developments of the GSI;
- Organize GSI meetings, drafting the agenda, writing minutes and coordinating all logistics, administrative and IT support;
- Assist in drafting the GCF sustainability strategy and annual sustainability report;
- Maintain a database of all GSI-related documents; and
- Provide support for any other GSI-related activities, as requested.
Requirements and qualifications
- Recently completed or enrolled in Master’s program in Sustainability Management, Sustainable Development, Environmental Management or related fields;
- Experience in undertaking organizational sustainability efforts is an advantage;
- Knowledge of and interest in sustainability-related issues and policies;
- Good understanding and experience in operations of an international organization is an added advantage;
- Proficiency in using standard software programs: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access;
- Familiarity with SharePoint and Microsoft Teams is an advantage;
- Proficiency in graphic design and/or the creation of publication materials is an advantage;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills; and
- Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of another United Nations language is an advantage.