U.S. nationals: Hydrologist
This position is located in the Snow Survey Program, under the supervision of the Snow Survey Program Manager. The incumbent serves as a Hydrologist, assisting in the complete range of snow survey and water supply forecast activities conducted within the assigned jurisdiction.
Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for the collection, quality control (QC), data entry, and annual archive of hydro-meteorological data within the boundaries of the Idaho Data Collection Office jurisdiction.
- Provides technical assistance to the snow survey staff in data collection, data entry, verification, quality control, processing and archival.
- Monitors Snow Telemetry (SNOTEL) site performance and data quality to assist in establishing maintenance work loads and setting priorities.
- Performs snow surveys by helicopter, on snow machine, and on foot.
- Assists in the preparation and presentation of the Water Supply Outlook Report (WSOR), Surface Water Supply Index (SWSI) and other products on a monthly basis through the winter and spring.