Consultant: Agri-Business Support for GZCADP
International Water Management Institute (IWMI) seeks the services of a suitable consultant to assess marketing potential and develop business plans for project supported commodities and product lines.
USAID’s strategic goal as stated in the Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) is “A stable and prosperous Pakistan” Despite significant investments in water resources infrastructure development by USAID, other development partners and the Government of Pakistan, good water governance and water management continues to constrain achieving the USAID strategic goal and development objectives. There is a need for improved water governance in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) to sustain the investments already made and those in pipeline and ensure these investments deliver the intended socio-economic and environmental outcomes. In order to address some of the issues of water management and governance, USAID has signed a Cooperative Agreement with IWMI in July 2018 for the activity, “Water Management for Enhanced Productivity (WMfEP)”.
The WMfEP activity will reduce constraints to the productive and sustainable use of water for agricultural production in KP. Improved arrangements for water governance and management in KP will enable increased farm household income and improved livelihoods to contribute to socio-economic development and political stability in the KP and beyond.
WMfEP is designed to support the strategic goal of USAID investments in KP and is structured in four components. The first component is ‘GZCAD Operationalized’. The component is disaggregated into several Tasks. The consultancy services are sought under Task 1.2.2-Bridging Capacity Gaps # 1.
Marketing and marketable products exploration, promotion and linkages with district, provincial and national markets is the fourth important component of the GZCADP. This component is purely based upon the Agro-Economics, Business enterprises developments, which needs high planning and technical skills. The GZCADP team requires an Agri-Business Support Consultant for three months to prepare plan, initiate activities and execute the component activities towards successful completion of GZCADP.
Scope of Work
- Conduct SWOT analysis with the project stakeholders;
- Assess and enlist marketing potential of the project supported commodities and product lines;
- Explore markets for the project supported commodities and product lines;
- Establish farmer business schools leading to agribusiness entities;
- Backward and forward linkages development;
- Capacitate project supported farmers and entrepreneurs to become self-sustained agribusiness enterprises (Good post-harvest practices, Information Technology and Effective Marketing);
- Formulate and develop commodity specific business plans.
Duration: 03 months
Your application must include a copy of your curriculum vitae, including details of previous experience, together with a cover letter and contact information of three professional referees who may be contacted, if you are shortlisted.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Master’s Degree in the field of Agriculture/Economics/ Business Management or a related field.
Knowledge & Experience
- 10 years professional experience in agriculture value chain / agricultural business assessment.
- Experience of working in USAID funded project in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong project management skills. Ability to suggest agricultural business ideas keeping in view the local and cultural context.