International Water Management Institute (IWMI) seeks the services of a suitable national consultant to provide technical support to the Project Director (PD) in strategic planning of GZCADP.
USAID’s strategic goal as stated in the Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) is “A stable and prosperous Pakistan”. Despite significant investments in water resources infrastructure development by USAID, other development partners and the Government of Pakistan, good water governance and water management continues to constrain achieving the USAID strategic goal and development objectives. There is a need for improved water governance in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) to sustain the investments already made and those in pipeline and ensure these investments deliver the intended socio-economic and environmental outcomes. In order to address some of the issues of water management and governance, USAID has signed a Cooperative Agreement with IWMI in July 2018 for the activity, “Water Management for Enhanced Productivity (WMfEP)”.
The WMfEP activity will reduce constraints to the productive and sustainable use of water for agricultural production in KP. Improved arrangements for water governance and management in KP will enable increased farm household income and improved livelihoods to contribute to socio-economic development and political stability in the KP and beyond.
WMfEP is designed to support the strategic goal of USAID investments in KP and is structured in four components. The first component is ‘GZCAD Operationalized’. The component is disaggregated into several Tasks. The consultancy services are sought under Task 1.2.2-Bridging Capacity Gaps # 1.
GZCADP has signed more than 14 contracts with different contractors to complete the tertiary canal construction works. In addition, the project has also signed three Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) with KP Agriculture Department to initiate activities in the productivity enhancement, value addition and marketing components. GZCADP is a multi-sectoral & multi layered complex project with multiple partnerships and actors. Therefore, the coordination of all components with Departments & stakeholders requires extra ordinary expertise, time and attention. The Project Director GZCADP needs a Strategic Planning Assistance support to deal with all accordingly. Therefore, a competent consultant is required as technical support for three months to support PD in preparation of a strategic plan/roadmap for timely completion of project activities.
Scope of Work
- Prepare a strategic plan for PD to enable him in achievement of all targets (Component-wise targets/achievements planning).
- Overall assistance to PD office regarding contract and MoUs management of all packages, including contractors’ progress and performance tracking.
- Identification of gaps, reporting/recommendation from PD office and communication to quarters concerned.
- Technical support and guidance on all components.
- Support project team in proper documentation and database of all activities.
Duration: 03 months
Your application must include a copy of your curriculum vitae, including details of previous experience, together with a cover letter and contact information of three professional referees who may be contacted, if you are shortlisted.
This is a nationally recruited position and only citizens of Pakistan are eligible to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Master’s Degree in the field of Agriculture/ Engineering/ Natural Resource Management or a related field.
Knowledge & Experience
- 15 years professional experience in agricultural water management.
- Demonstrated experience of planning and management of large projects in leadership roles.
- Experience of working in USAID funded project in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Clear understanding of local and cultural context of the GZCADP project area.