If so, we’re looking for 2 Water Resources Officers with great enthusiasm and strong desire to learn new technical skills to join our teams in Operations Catchments Services.
You will be happy to work on a diverse range of tasks including: strategic water resources planning, WRMPs (Water Resource Management Plans), DMPs (Drought Management Plans) and drought planning, providing strategic advice and technical input, conducting annual reviews on Water Companies, contribute to portfolio work, and input into WR Regional Planning. You will be an active member of technical projects in the service and lead technical engagement with water companies and other external stakeholders. Your role will directly contribute to ensuring that plans are in place for a safe and secure supply of water now and into the future, whilst protecting the environment.
You will be qualified to at least degree standard (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, and/or possess proven relevant/appropriate workplace experience. You will have proven ability/expert knowledge that incorporates some of the following:
– Water resources planning and issues.
– Effective working with external organisations, particularly water companies.
– Good communication and interpersonal skills
– Interpreting/evaluating evidence to propose effective solutions for challenging problems
– Shaping and facilitating change/new ways of working to improve efficient and productivity.
– Good data analysis skills
– Additional skills in a related technical discipline would be an advantage, for example: WR modelling, hydrology, licensing, supply and demand forecasting.
Interviews will take place on the 11th or 12th March 2020 in Peterborough.
More information can be found in the candidate pack. Our ultimate aim is for an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity in the communities we work with and the environment we protect.
09/02/2020, 23:55 hours