Summary<!– /wp:heading –>
What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
Salary: $36,786 (Step 01) to $47,824 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
Responsibilities<!– /wp:heading –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
As a Hydrologic Technician within the South Atlantic Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:<!– /wp:paragraph –>
- Resolve varied hydrologic problems in performing complex discharge measurements at all stages.
- Perform wide variety of water level and discharge measurements from wells and springs selecting appropriate techniques, equipment and protocols.
- Install, maintain, services, and assist in the configuration of a variety of sensing, recording, and communications equipment and instrumentation.
- Lead a team in the simple construction of a variety of gauges and supporting structures.
- Operate a government owned vehicle
Physical Demands:<!– /wp:paragraph –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
The work requires some physical exertion such as: long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activity; or recurring lifting of moderately heavy items weighing less than 23 kilograms (under 50 pounds) such as lifting and carrying stream gauging weights, data collection and monitoring devices, or sample trays.<!– /wp:paragraph –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
Work Environment:<!– /wp:paragraph –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
The work regularly involves moderate risks or discomforts associated with visiting field sites with limited access, under adverse weather or flooding conditions, or exposure to irritant or toxic chemicals. Work may require the use of special clothing or gear such as masks, coats, boots, goggles, respirators, or life jackets.<!– /wp:paragraph –>