Are you looking to join the global race to stabilise both the environment and the economy? Are you looking for a role that combines your professional experience with an ethical focus? CDP is where business leaders, financiers and policymakers turn for innovative, systemic solutions. This is an exciting, impact-oriented role working on a globally significant issue – the global water crisis. You will be responsible for leading the delivery of an ambitious project to eliminate pollution from apparel supply chains. You will be empowered to lead on cutting-edge research, advocacy and innovation to mobilise the world’s largest coalition of non-state actors to tackle the global water crisis. Ultimately, you will be working to put water at the heart of business, financial and policy decision-making.
The successful candidate will work with various teams across CDP and external project partners to ensure the highest impact is achieved; deliver key interventions such as thought leadership research, capacity building and engagement; provide day-to-day coordination of activities across internal functions and teams; and will own relationship management and reporting back to the project coordinator.
About the team
Established a decade ago, CDP’s innovative Water Security initiative has driven a step change in the way in which the private sector engages with water issues. As we turn our sights to the future, we are seeking a dynamic individual to work alongside the Director of Water Security to provide the support and insights needed to deliver CDP’s Water Security Strategy globally.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the development of project deliverables, ensuring high quality outputs.
- Conducting data analysis and cutting-edge research that informs corporate best practice, mobilises institutional investors and engages policy makers.
- Supporting the CDP delivery teams with deep water security expertise, providing input into meetings with key stakeholders including companies, investors and policy makers.
- Building water-related capacity within companies and investors via webinars, workshops, briefing notes and public speaking.
- Engaging networks and convening and attending workshops.
- Engaging and developing awareness of water security issues both internally and externally.
- Driving impact through the management and coordination of project delivery teams in the UK and globally, ensuring work is delivered against plans and to budget.
- Leading relationship management with the project coordinator and partners.
- Supporting donor reporting requirements for CDP (including performance and financial reporting).
- Tracking progress against planned outcomes and facilitating robust monitoring and evaluation of CDP’s contribution.
The precise description and nature of your job may be varied from time to time, and you may be required to carry out other duties as necessary to meet business needs. International travel will be required for up to 10% of your time.
Required skills and experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience of working to drive environmental change within the private sector – ideally in industrial firms or financial institutions.
- Demonstrable expertise in water security and pollution issues, and an understanding of CDP’s unique contribution to the challenge.
- Experience of managing projects, including budgets, reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
- An understanding of the private sector approaches to addressing water security and pollution issues.
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills and experience in using and maintaining databases.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), presentation and marketing skills with a demonstrable pride in delivering high quality products and an eye for detail.
- An ability to work independently with minimal guidance leading on projects.
- Track-record of working effectively with multiple project partners.
- A good team player with the ability to work with and develop relationships with colleagues around the world.
- Good experience of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Fluency in English and an ability to work from the UK up to 2023.
Desired skills and experience:
- Deep knowledge, understanding and experience of the global apparel sector and its impact on water security.
- Deep knowledge, understanding and experience of the global financial service sector and its impact on water security.
- Experience of corporate procurement and supply chain management.
- An ability to quickly process complex information and bring new perspectives to solve challenges.
- An understanding of the corporate reporting landscape and investor expectations around water security.
- Experience of working in a global, non-profit organisation.
This is a full time, fixed term contract ending 31.12.2022. The role is based at CDP’s headquarters in Central London, UK. Flexible working is fully embraced by the organisation and we encourage you to explore this at interview.
Salary and benefits: £30,362 – £40,452 per annum dependent on experience, annual discretionary bonus scheme (dependent on company performance), 30 days’ holiday excluding bank holidays, a generous non-contributory pension provision, life assurance, and others.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK – please note this in your cover letter.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages, to Cate Lamb, [email protected] with “Project Manager, Water Security” in the subject line. Please note, individuals that do not meet the required skills and experience need not apply.
The closing date for applications is 14 February 2020 at 11:58pm GMT. Interviews will take place 17 – 21 February with the role to start as soon as possible.