WWF India has a growing marine programme that focuses on livelihood & sustainable fisheries, conserving threatened marine species & critical ecosystems, promoting sustainable coastal and island development, addressing marine debris & plastic pollution, as well as advocating for better policy and promoting effective management on land and sea. Within these thematic areas, the geographical focus of the programme includes Gujarat, Kerala, Goa, West Bengal, Odisha, Andhra Pradesh, Lakshadweep and Andaman & Nicobar Islands. In achieving our conservation objectives, WWF works with a wide range of stakeholders including local communities, NGOs, government agencies, research institutions and businesses.
WWF India is looking for a dynamic and committed individual to be part of the Marine Conservation Programme to work towards the delivery of programme priorities. The selected individual will work closely with the marine team as well as with other cross cutting teams within WWF India at the Secretariat and in the states. The position also offers opportunities to interact with the global WWF network, learn from innovative and emerging conservation initiatives and pilot innovative ideas.
Location: New Delhi
The Job Profile:
The selected candidate will be expected to contribute to various projects and institutional initiatives while taking lead responsibility for specific projects within his/her area of expertise and interest. She/He will also play a key role in project and program development and management, stakeholder engagement, research & analysis and communication.
Job responsibilities include:
- Leading the ongoing WWF India programme on shark conservation and management
- Working closely with the Finance and Admin team on coordination, reporting and monitoring of other marine projects
- Providing strategic input into program and project development
- Engaging with WWF India program teams on development and implementation of cross-cutting initiatives
- Engaging with external stakeholders and developing/managing partnerships
- Contributing to external and internal communications
- Representing WWF India at internal and external events and engaging with the wider WWF network globally on marine conservation issues
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- At least a Masters in Social Sciences / Marine Ecology / Wildlife Biology / Fisheries Biology, or a related discipline
- 3-5 years of experience working with an NGO or similar organization
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English with working knowledge of at least one other regional language
Apply Via Email to: [email protected]
Last Date for sending applications: 10th February, 2019
Please submit an up-to-date CV (mentioning your full name in the resume attachment), giving details regarding compensation received in the present assignment, expected salary, and three references. In addition, please share a Statement of Interest (in no more than 500 words).
In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please mention “Senior Coordinator –Marine Programme”, in the subject line.
Applications of only the short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
WWF-India is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.