Philippines nationals: Water Supply and Sanitation Specialist
Asian Development Bank (ADB)
Manila, , PH
Objective and Purpose of the Assignment
The Urban Sector Group Secretariat under the Service Advisory Service Cluster (SDSC-URB) is currently
implementing TA 9919-REG: Integrated and Innovative Solutions for more Livable Cities. Under the One ADB
Approach, the TA aims to work in close collaboration with various sector and thematic groups, and
operations departments of ADB and DMCs to capture knowledge of planning, implementing, and operating
livable cities. In line with the implementation of this TA, a number of individual experts will be
engaged under the TA to help provide technical support in helping mainstream integrated and innovative
urban solutions for water supply and sanitation investments within ADB Operations and with ADB’s DMCs.
Scope of Work
The Consultant, a Water Supply and Sanitation Specialist (National), will be responsible in providing
support during the implementation of the TA and implement activities to achieve the targets of the TA in
providing technical support to ADB operations in identifying, designing, and developing innovative
solutions on water supply and sanitation investments. The scope of work of the consultants will include:
(i) support to project development in ADB operations; and (ii) support to knowledge management and
Detailed Tasks and/or Expected Output
1. Support to Project Development in ADB Operations
• Provide technical assistance in the assessment of baseline conditions at the city/town level to
identify and recommend customized options for water supply and sanitation investments incorporating
livable city principles and smart city solutions that take into account current and future needs of the
population, including social, institutional, technical, and financial considerations.
• Support the development of project concept, and pre-feasibility and feasibility studies for water
supply and sanitation investments being developed by ADB urban sector operations in DMC cities/towns.
• Carry out analytical work and provide recommendations on areas of support where other co-financing
instruments (such as trust funds managed by the Urbans SG) can be made available as options for
technical and financial support leveraging to the design and implementation of urban investment projects
for livable cities.
2. Support to knowledge management and capacity building
• Provide support in the development of appropriate capacity building and training programs on the
management of water supply and sanitation systems to the Capacity Development Specialist (to be hired
• Take track/take stock of data and information on water and sanitation and other urban investments by
ADB and other international donor organizations, as well as other relevant data and information on urban
infrastructure provision in the region in support of activities related to the preparation of livable
city plans at the city level, and other studies and activities.
3. Other Tasks
• Provide support to USG Secretariat on ad-hoc activities such as holding of events, and other tasks as
required/needed by the USG Secretariat (i.e., research, inputs to preparation of briefing notes and
Minimum Qualification Requirements
• University degree in engineering (civil, chemical, or environmental), hydrology, or equivalent.
• At least 10 years of general experience, with at least 7 years related to design, development and
implementation of water supply and sanitation projects, with a working knowledge of the project
development cycle adopted by MDBs an advantage.
• Experience in design and implementation of other infrastructure projects such as flood control and
drainage, an advantage.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.