Want to use your skills in water utility operations and management to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as our Water Operator Partnerships Advisor to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you’ll be joining a 2018 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
The WaterAid Innovation and Strategic Engagement (ISE) team helps support delivery of the global strategy by working with key stakeholders across the WaterAid federation to build, support and deliver the potential value and impact of new and influential partnerships.
As our dynamic and influential Water Operator Partnerships Advisor you will facilitate the scaling-up of new and existing water operator partnerships between our water industry partners based in the UK (‘mentors’) and water utilities within our country programmes (‘mentees’) in order to build their capacity and aid performance improvement.
This post is offered initially on a 12-month fixed-term basis. The role will involve regular travel within the UK and occasional overseas travel.
In this role, you will focus on building awareness, support and capacity amongst our UK mentor partners with the ultimate ambition of creating a network of willing and competent technical experts able to respond appropriately to a wide range of support request from mentee utilities.
* Identify UK partners with appropriate skills and resources to support potential water operator partnerships
* Develop clear ways of working, responsibilities and accountabilities for WaterAid’s approach to water operator partnerships
* Work with UK mentor partners to identify relevant skills sets required to deliver water operator partnership interventions and identify, recruit and train suitable representatives from the mentor staff to deliver these.
* Plan, manage and, where appropriate, attend UK mentor-hosted interventions (e.g. study visits)
* Collate and disseminate latest developments on best practice in water operator partnership delivery to UK partners and wider UK water sector including facilitating reflection on their individual experiences and learnings.
To be successful, you’ll need:
* Significant experience, successful track record and knowledge of water utility operations and management, including performance improvement initiatives
* A thorough understanding of the UK water sector
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Project Management skills
* Proven ability to work proactively, autonomously and in a resourceful manner to agreed objectives
* Proven ability to build consensus, deal with ambiguity and collaborate with colleagues remotely/ internationally across diverse cultures face to face & in a virtual space.
To see the full job pack, please click “Apply”
Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter into one document in either Word Document or PDF format.
Applications will close one minute before the Sunday 9th February 2020. Availability for interview is required week commencing 17th February 2020.
Salary: £36,500- £38,500 with excellent benefits
WaterAid benefits include:
* 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
* Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
* We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
* Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a week
* Season Ticket Loan
* Free annual eye tests
* Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
* Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave.
* Volunteer Day
WaterAid is currently located at Durham Street, Vauxhall. However, we will be leaving our current location in the summer of 2020 (likely to be June/July 2020) and moving to 20 Canada Square, Canary Wharf. Therefore the London Office location and contract base, if you are successfully offered the role, will change. This will be discussed at the interview stage with you.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely serious. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us at [email protected]