t’s hard to believe that today over 650 million people still don’t have clean, safe water and over 2.3 billion live without a toilet. The resulting diseases kill one child every minute.
WaterAid works through supporting local organisations and government authorities to design and demonstrate appropriate and sustainable WASH programmes. WaterAid also seeks to influence policy change through government and other key sector actors to secure and protect the rights of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
WaterAid Uganda is looking for a Head of Finance and Grants to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities.
The post holder will provide strategic leadership of the finance and grants function for WaterAid Uganda ensuring effective application of financial policies and procedures. The Head of Finance and Grants will ensure that WaterAid Uganda fulfils its grant requirements and compliance.
Key responsibilities include:
• Ensure the timely submission of high quality financial reports, for internal and external audiences.
• Support the completion of new and potential partner capacity assessments, making recommendations to engage in a partnership arrangement and identifying risk management plans.
• Ensure existing and potential donor income is accurately incorporated into WaterAid Uganda’s internal planning process
• Ensure appropriate donor management systems and processes are in place.
• Monitor compliance with donor requirements, including grant reporting.
To be successful, you’ll need to have an accounting qualification/certification e.g. CA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA or a Master’s degree in a Finance qualification and 8 years’ experience with six in a senior management position in the development sector. The post holder will have strong knowledge of international donor reporting requirements.
By 2030 we want everyone everywhere to have clean water, sanitation and hygiene. We need you to help us make it happen. If you bring your expertise, passion and professionalism, we’ll give you a lot back.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, please send your CV and motivation letter to:
[email protected] including three work related referees. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
Please note: in order to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Uganda.
No recruitment agencies please.