Texas Water Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established for the purpose of generating a heightened public awareness among Texans regarding the vital role water plays in our daily lives. Under the leadership of a distinguished Board of Directors, Texas Water Foundation recently adopted a new strategic plan with the objective of leading Texas into a sustainable water future. Texas Water Foundation will continue to play a vital role in the water dialogue in Texas, while building new programs in water leadership, policy and education.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development is responsible for the management and execution of TWF’s financial development strategy and fundraising efforts. Working with the Executive Director, Operations Manager, and Board of Directors, the Director of Development is a vital component to TWF’s growth and success. The Director of Development is responsible for leading and implementing the TWF fundraising model with the goal of creating a culture of philanthropy with individual giving, major gifts, grants, corporate contributions, and the annual fund.
Responsibilities include meeting or exceeding annual philanthropic fundraising goals, managing the TWF annual fund, implementing special events, representing the organization to donors, producing fundraising and marketing materials, and maintaining donor records. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, an entrepreneurial thinker, and will establish and strengthen long-term partnerships with current and prospective funders.
- Lead, manage, and implement TWF’s annual development efforts to ensure fundraising goals are met (direct mail, in-kind donations, online giving, corporate sponsorships, major gifts, and Board giving);
- Manage annual grants calendar and reports, write and submit grant applications;
- Develop and execute a robust individual donor stewardship program, including content development, program innovation, implementation and evaluation, including cultivating and stewarding donations from individuals by maintaining frequent contact with current major donors and developing new relationships with prospects;
- In partnership with the Executive Director and Board, oversee leadership giving program including cultivation, engagement, events, and giving;
- Ensure proper donor recognition and stewardship and oversee special stewardship projects including follow-up letters after events, holiday card mailings, invitations to special events, personal calls to donors, etc.;
- Develop strategies for new donor acquisition and growth.
- Provide comprehensive oversight of donor data and information, donor movement tracking, gift processing, reporting and analysis;
- Assist in the creation of external marketing and fundraising materials for TWF, including but not limited to appeals, newsletters, social media, website, and invitations.
- Successfully execute annual Texas Rainmaker Awards Dinner and other special events, including securing corporate sponsorships;
- Take lead and set tone to continue to develop a culture of philanthropy with TWF board members and volunteers to build development skills and cultivate donor relationships;
- In partnership with the Executive Director and Operations Manager, help to assess programmatic sponsorship value propositions;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A successful candidate will have the capacity to work collaboratively within a small team as well as demonstrate the capacity to work individually. The Director of Development will work closely with the Executive Director in advancing the mission of the Texas Water Foundation as well as with the Operations Manager in growing the organization’s administrative and overall capacity.
GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS & PREFERRED EXPERTISE:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum seven years of development experience including demonstrated success in individual giving, corporate sponsorship, and special events fundraising and management.
- Must be highly motivated, energetic, deadline-oriented and able to handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communications skills.
- Self-starter, initiative and ability to work independently.
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Experience with moves management including, but not limited to, prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Proven track record of achieving annual fundraising goals
- Commitment to mission and vision of Texas Water Foundation
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and thorough understanding of strategic development
- Demonstrated ability to identify, cultivate, and manage donors
- Strong partnership building and event planning skills
- Exceptional organizational, strategic, and multitasking skills
- Demonstrated high professional standards, initiative, and integrity
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Compensation & Benefits
Texas Water Foundation will provide competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience. The Texas Water Foundation is proud to offer opportunities for growth as well as a generous benefits package including health and disability insurance, retirement contributions, and paid time off including family leave. Adaptable schedule and the ability to work remotely on occasion.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are asked to submit cover letter, resume and three professional references to Pam Benson Owens at [email protected]
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran or military status or any other legally protected status