The Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) is a policy institute that generates knowledge and informs decision-making towards a water wise world. SIWI conducts research, builds institutional capacity and provides advisory services in developing countries in areas related to water governance, transboundary water management in perspectives of for example climate change, energy and food and urbanisation. SIWI organises the World Water Week in Stockholm – the leading annual global meeting place on water and development issues – and hosts the Stockholm Water Prize and the Stockholm Junior Water Prize.
SIWI seeks a dynamic and professional content officer to join the World Water Week and Prizes department. This department is responsible for delivering World Water Week – the leading, annual global event on water and development; and the Stockholm Water Prize and Stockholm Junior Prize.
This role will be responsible for coordinating the showcases and the field visits at World Water Week – which will be help at Tele2 Arena. You will be part of an experienced team of highly skilled professionals.
The person we are looking for is operational and hands-on, is not afraid of asking for support and a team player. You have an eye for detail at the same time as you can relate to the big picture and you are extremely well-organized. You have experience in liaising with a big number of customers at the same time, an understanding of water/environment issues and, ideally, experience in organizing small events. Our values of inclusivity, quality, passion and integrity resonate with you. This position will work closely alongside the entire team, especially the content team, and the showcases/field visits convenors. Your ability to establish good relationships will be key to maintaining the quality of these sessions and its delivery.
Responsibilities include the coordination of the showcase/field visit submission and review process, liaison point for the showcase/field visit organisers. Good customer service and smooth execution of all processes is expected.
The position is a one year temporary contract with the possibility of renewal.
- Project planning and implementation, including involvement of appropriate parties
- Coordinate the selection of sessions proposals
- Budget management
- Producing relevant documentation for different process – i.e. proposal review, call for engagement, call for registration
- Liaison point for showcase and field visit organisers
- On site coordination of sessions
Preferred skills and experience
- Education in fields relevant to the position and its responsibilities.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated experience in being liaison between different teams.
- Demonstrated success in coordinating the content planning processes and delivery of sessions/conference.
- Understanding on developing and managing budgets.
- Understanding, and ideally some working-experience with, water and environment related issues
- Fluent English. Swedish and other languages a merit.
How to apply: Please submit your CV and a cover letter by using the link below. We need your application as soon as possible and no later than by 9 February 2020. Interviews will be set as suitable applications are received. Further information can be provided by Adele Nerelius HR Officer, 072-0506024 or Adrian Puigarnau, Senior Manager, [email protected]