Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren’s reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company’s brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, and Club Monaco, among others, constitute one of the world’s most widely recognized families of consumer brands
This role is based in Hong Kong, and reports to the Director of Sustainability, Product and Supply Chain. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the daily operations of our sustainability program that drive progress towards our energy, water, and chemical management goals across our supply chain globally.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the daily operations of our supply chain sustainability program to help ensure the key milestones are delivered on time.
- Support the identification and expansion of the scope of coverage of the program to achieve Ralph Lauren’s sustainability targets in a meaningful and impactful way.
- Support the development and communication of Ralph Lauren’s supply chain sustainability program and procedures to internal stakeholders as well as external including our supply chain partners and facilities. Develop and maintain program communication materials including training materials, operating standards and procedures, etc.
- Support the operationalization of our industry commitments and the adoption of industry tools, including the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC), Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC) suite of tools, and participate in the working groups to contribute in the future development of the tools in support of driving improved environmental performance across our supply chain.
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams and external service providers to ensure smooth operations of the program and to support the successful delivery on the roadmap and action plans for RL’s Water Stewardship, Waste and Chemical Management and GHG and Renewables goals
- Collect and analyze our supply chain’s sustainability performance data and generate reports for key internal stakeholders including the leadership team, as well as external communications. Support the development of supplier scorecard and/or other methods to communicate our progress at various levels.
- Analyze and develop knowledge in apparel sustainability innovation and opportunities, in partnership with cross-functional teams across the business.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, sustainability, alternative energy, and/or chemistry.
- 4+ years of experience in a sustainability role in relation to supply chain and product within a consumer facing apparel brand.
- Technical knowledge in areas to include apparel products, sustainability, impact measurement, data reporting, and sustainable supply chain with topics including chemicals management, water stewardship, energy and GHG.
- Demonstrated planning and operational execution, drawing on insight across areas, applying creative as well as systematic approach.
- Passion for new technologies, processes and products and the ability to understand the practicality and business impact of those against the vision and roadmap.
- Exceptional people engagement and communication skills, with experience collaborating with internal cross functional teams in a dynamic and relatively complex organization.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively engaging with external partners i.e. service providers, industry organization, and supply chain.
- Proficient in data processing and reporting software i.e. MS Excel. Comfortable with manual data processing and creative in seeking ways to enhance efficiency. Knowledge in PLM and data schema is a plus.
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Cantonese/Mandarin would be an advantage.