Two part-time PostDoc positions in the research cluster Water hazards and risk management
We are searching for two PostDoc researchers to work at the Institute for Hydraulic Engineering and Engineering Hydrology of the Faculty of Civil Engineering at Vienna University of Technology in the research cluster "Water hazards and risk management". The research cluster aims at establishing an interdisciplinary research focus in the area of water quality risks to people and ecosystems and flood risks related to infrastructure.
- Coordination, communication and controlling of coordination processes of the cluster
- Development of research proposals in collaboration with the other experts of the cluster
- Conducting research on flood and / or water quality risks within the cluster
- Support of project management and reporting
- Public relations for the cluster
- Completed diploma/master degree and doctorate, preferably in the field of civil engineering, environmental sciences or earth sciences with a focus on water
- Excellent English language skills
- Relevant work experience in a university environment
- Analytical skills
- Strong communication and team skills
- A high degree of responsibility and initiative
- Accuracy, organizational ability
Interesting and diverse field of activity at internationally leading institutes in the field of water research
- Dynamic and evolving work environment
- Comprehensive internal and external continuing education opportunities
- Central location and easy accessibility (U1 / U2 / U4 Karlsplatz, Wien)
TU Wien is committed to increasing female employment. Female candidates are explicitly encouraged to apply.
In accordance with the collective bargaining agreement of the Austrian universities, the remuneration is based on the KV minimum remuneration of the use group B1 and amounts to at least EUR 1.944,75 gross per month for a weekly employment of 20 hours (14 x per year).
- Letter of application
- Certificates of academic qualifications
- Summary of achievements in scientific research and research coordination
- Short statement of the research interests in the area of "Water hazards and risk management"
The application documents should consist of a single pdf file smaller than 10 MB. Short listed candidates will be invited to a selection seminar. We look forward to receiving your application in English until 06.02.2020 at https://karriere.tuwien.ac.at/Login/124091.