Under the direct technical supervision of the LTO for the project TCP/SRB/3705 “Building Resilience of Agricultural Sector to Natural Disasters and Climate Change Impacts” and in close consultation with the National Project Coordinator for Serbia and REU Programme Specialist, the International Consultant on Climate Change Vulnerability will be responsible for providing technical inputs and guidance to collect data and conduct the analysis on Climate change vulnerability in Serbian’s municipalities.
Under the direct technical supervision of the LTO for the project TCP/SRB/3705 “Building Resilience of Agricultural Sector to Natural Disasters and Climate Change Impacts” and in close consultation with the National Project Coordinator for Serbia and REU Programme Specialist, the International Consultant on Climate Change Vulnerability will carry out the following activities:
- Analyse secondary data available in the government and other relevant sources to evaluate social and economic vulnerability derivate from the mains climate treats
- Definition of the social and economic indicators of vulnerability in order to elaborate a raking of the municipalities based on its CC vulnerability
- Organize the validation workshop with stakeholders for complementation of information/missing data
- Prepare the raking of the municipalities based on the indicators selected
- Attend the round table to present the finding, methodology and results
- Develop recommendations for the way forward and how to mitigate the impacts based on the available policies and systematized information
- Prepare training materials on DRR in agriculture including (but not restrictive to) ecosystem restoration and protection approaches, ecosystem-based disaster risk reduction. Also all the training material should include GAEC and SRM when possible. The training will be targeting advisory services.
- Prepare the technical content of 3 national trainings for rural extension agents, deliver content and coordinate the trainings
- 1st training will level up the awareness on the concepts and content of CSA and DRR in agriculture sector
- 2nd and 3rd sub-sequential, sub regional trainings will be practical
- Carry out other activities within his/her technical competence as requested by the LTO.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree(s) in economics, agriculture, natural resources, sustainable development, climate policy or related fields.
- A minimum of 7 years work experience in climate change, DDR and vulnerability, preferably in Balkan’s countries
- Working knowledge of English is required.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Additional Selection Criteria
- Ability to work on international teams and with remote supervision.
- Computer skills (WordPerfect, PowerPoint, Excel, Skype)
- Basic knowledge of Serbian language will be considered an asset.