It’s hard to believe that today over 650 million people still don’t have clean, safe water and over 2.3 billion live without a toilet. The resulting diseases kill one child every minute.
WaterAid works through supporting local organisations and government authorities to design and demonstrate appropriate and sustainable WASH programmes. WaterAid also seeks to influence policy change through government and other key sector actors to secure and protect the rights of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
WaterAid is looking for a Head of Voice and Accountability to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities.
The post holder will:
- Lead WaterAid Uganda’s influencing approach in the development of advocacy strategies to enhance the sector influencing capacity of the country programme.
- Lead WaterAid’s engagement with national level policy debates in the sector, drawing on robust research carried out at local government and the community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the designing and delivery of the Influencing programme to achieve programme objectives with contribution to global aims
- Develop operational plans and strategies including budget for implementation of Influencing programme in consultation with line manager and other units
- Proactively analyse and review sector policies and plans, seeking to influence government and key stakeholders towards pro-poor, gender-sensitive, and sustainable approaches in the sector.
- Represent WAU at relevant WASH and advocacy forums for lobbying, experience sharing, learning and profile building of WAU.
- Establish strong relationships with relevant government ministries bilateral agencies for collaboration, support, capacity building and policy influencing.
- To be successful, you’ll need a Masters’ degree in development studies, public policy or development economics and at least 8 years’ experience with five years at senior level in the development sector.
By 2030 we want everyone everywhere to have clean water, sanitation and hygiene. We need you to help us make it happen. If you bring your expertise, passion and professionalism, we’ll give you a lot back.
Please download the job description here>
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, please send your CV and motivation letter to:
[email protected] including three work related referees. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
Please note: in order to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Uganda.
No recruitment agencies please.