It’s hard to believe that today over 650 million people still don’t have clean, safe water and over 2.3 billion live without a toilet. The resulting diseases kill one child every minute.
WaterAid works through supporting local organisations and government authorities to design and demonstrate appropriate and sustainable WASH programmes. WaterAid also seeks to influence policy change through government and other key sector actors to secure and protect the rights of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
WaterAid is looking for a Head WASH and Wealth to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities.
The purpose of the role is to:
• Support in demonstrating the contribution of WASH to increased productivity, higher standards of living and more productive assets.
• Make an economic case for WASH using evidence synthesis for its contribution to enhancing a productive populace.
• Develop quality macro analytical work through analysis and modelling, to support WASH programs positioning in Uganda’s economic growth and fiscal policy.
Key responsibilities include:
• Spear head the WASH economic agenda, ensuring the programs are designed to generate evidence and excellence that can be utilized at regional and national level
• Support and participate in Uganda economic policy dialogue and utilise continuous economic analysis steer debate and advocate for WASH prioritisation.
• Work closely with partner agencies especially government and donors to transfer experience and collaboratively deliver on enhancing the WASH economic debate
• Spear head research on WASH and its impact on industrial or development activities
To be successful, you’ll need a Masters level qualification in Business Administration with focus in business development, Marketing, Entrepreneurship or other related discipline. You will also need to have a significant experience of programme design and successful proposal development.
By 2030 we want everyone everywhere to have clean water, sanitation and hygiene. We need you to help us make it happen. If you bring your expertise, passion and professionalism, we’ll give you a lot back.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, please send your CV and motivation letter to:
[email protected] including three work related referees. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
Please note: in order to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Uganda.
No recruitment agencies please.