You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
As part of the Action Against Hunger Philippine Mission WASH operational areas, the WASH Engineer will be in charge of all technical activities related to WASH construction, community mobilization activities and will ensure the efficient and smooth implementation of the WASH component of the OFDA Project in Action Against Hunger Iligan Base targeted areas.
Key activities in your role will include
- Carry out or participate in technical assessments at field level.
- Conduct the wáter and sanitation marketing assessments.
- Conduct the feasibilities, design and Bill Of Quantity (BoQs) development for installation of WASH facilities/systems.
- Implement and monitor day-to day activities according to BoQs and drawings in collaboration with the skilled and unskilled Labour.
- Prepare regular reports on the progress of installation of wáter points for the assigned sites.
- Ensure the quality and quantity of material at field as per BoQs and according to way bills.
- Ensure completeness and quality of construction work base on the work plan and schedules
- Systematic consolidating, submission to Deputy Head of Project and archiving of project technical documents to facilitate organizational level learning, memory and reporting
- Collection and archiving of Source of Verification (SoVs) based on the activities, indicators and agreed format / tools and submit to Deputy Head of Project
- Comply with the necessary branding and communications guidelines of the organization.
- Ensure timely and quality uploading of project Photos/Videos to the Iligan Base document bank.
- To make link with other sectors (WASH and FSL) for integration and complementary between projects/activities
- Support the other sectors of the OFDA project as required
- Ensure and maintain the working relationship with the local partners, stakeholders and LGUs
- Participate in meetings with the relevant stakeholders and partners as needed and requested by the Deputy Head of Project
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant fields
- At least two (2) years’ experience in WASH in Emergencies and community mobilization in relation to water and sanitation activities.
- Has experience working in an emergency response (conflict setting desirable).
- Preferrably with previous Action Against Hunger experience
Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
With technical knowledge in WASH especially in emergencies (ie. Familiarity on WASH standards- SPHERE
Mobilization of the community conflict related issues in WASH activities.
Familiarity with the local culture, ability to develop respect from a wide range of people and strong ability to communicate effectively on hygiene matters.
Our remuneration package:
- Compensation: based on Action Against Hunger grid.
- Benefits: health insurance, accident and life insurance, leave entitlement, government-mandated benefits
- Project-based Employment