We are the Environment Agency. We protect and improve the environment. Acting to reduce the impacts of a changing climate on people and wildlife is at the heart of everything we do. We work with others to make our environment a better place for people and wildlife. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity in all we do, and to valuing the diversity.
Joining a national team of experts in the fields of flood risk and flood forecasting modelling. You will be provided technical training to develop, review and assure non-realtime and realtime models. You’ll solve complex problems, overcome challenges and develop your technical skills to make an impact in reducing flood risk. As part of your exciting and challenging role, you will have the chance to take on one of our incident response roles where you’ll be trained to help provide our dynamic 24/7 Flood Forecasting Service.
This role will enable you to nurture your career and expertise to help deliver solutions to issues caused by the climate emergency.
We are experts in river flooding and hydrology. We provide advice and analysis to reduce the impact of hazards and improve resilience.
Our Vision is technical expertise to help make us resilient to tomorrow’s climate.
• You will be highly computer literate
• You will be able to work under pressure and be skilled at making decisions and acting on them
• You will demonstrate skills in influencing and persuading people
• You will have an awareness of data management and standards and their role within your work
• You will have experience in prioritising work / projects and the ability to manage your own workload
• Ideally an awareness and / or experience in river modelling and/or flood forecasting or a related field.
• Ideally an awareness and preferably knowledge of GIS software packages,
• You will be willing to work flexibly, including taking on an out of hours duty role
Opportunities to develop further academic/professional qualifications.
The Environment Agency offer an extensive range of employee benefits.
For further information on this role, the employee benefits and the work of the Environment Agency, please download the candidate pack.
The role is part of a national team based around hub offices, Leeds is the role’s hub office, and attendance here is frequently required however you can be located in Newcastle, Darlington or York. Travel across England and some overnight stays may be required at times.
For any questions relating to this role, please contact: [email protected] or 07798893511.
02/02/2020, 23:55 hours