Aga Khan Rural Support Programme(India)
Aga Khan Rural Support Programme (India) is a non-denominational, non-government organization.
AKRSP (I) was established in Gujarat in 1984 and it seeks to contribute to rural poverty reduction through community involvement and empowerment that leads to the efficient management and improved productivity of natural resources.
Post: Watershed Management Coordinator
Qualification: Preference will be given to candidate having B-Tec / Diploma in civil /Postgraduate Diploma in Rural Management, Master in Social Work (MSW) or Environment science
Experience: She/he should have 6 to 7 experience in the development sector with at least 3 years’ experience in implementing and coordinating of work plans and strategies to restore and protect groundwater and surface water resources.
• Providing leadership and technical support to teams at State and in districts in developing conceptual clarity and addressing issues related to water conservation.
• Establishing effective relation with Rural Development Department at state/ District level for providing technical assistance for smooth functioning of Jal Jeevan Hariyali Mission on the ground.
• Providing support in developing the modules for training of trainers on technical aspects on construction of Water conservation / Rainwater harvesting/Water bodies restoration structure under Jal Jeevan Hariyali Mission with effective engagement of Rural development Department.
• Empowering community, individuals with current knowledge on availability & accessibility issues related to Water conservation/ Rainwater harvesting/Water bodies’ restoration and afforestation linked with Jal Jeevan Hariyali Mission
• Managing behavior change communication activities aimed at people / Gram Panchayats through different tool of communication and creating the impact of Jal Jeevan Hariyali Mission on the ground.
• Preparing training calendar based on training need assessment of staff and supporting teams in completing capacity building activities.
• Providing training to government officials identified by department of using standard modules.
• Capacity building of PRI members and Ward Implementation & Management Committee (WIMCs) for successful implementation of Jal Jeevan Hariyali Mission.
Preference: Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are requested to apply through our organization website http://www.akrspindia.org.in/career_careerpage on or before 31st Jan, 2020.