Title: Voter Engagement Regional Director – Southwest
Status: Exempt, short term through December 2020
Reports to: Deputy Director of Civic Engagement
Positions Reporting to this Position: Chispa NV Civic Engagement Director
The League of Conservation Voters Education Fund (LCVEF) works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. LCVEF’s work to protect and advocate for the environment is rooted in our commitment to racial, social and environmental justice.
Democracy for All is one of the largest and most dynamic civic engagement programs in the nation and the largest program within the environmental movement. As a program of LCVEF, we operate in partnership with 30 state affiliates in the Conservation Voter Movement, which gives Democracy For All substantial capacity and geographic reach. Over the last four election cycles, we have established a track record of running highly effective, research-based nonpartisan voter registration programs that are rooted in racial justice and work in collaboration with the communities most impacted by environmental degradation. Since our first program in 2012, we have helped over a million individuals register to vote. LCVEF and many state leagues partners have also prioritized increasing our efforts to protect and promote voting rights. These issues are central to the success of environmental priorities, and are, therefore, central to the success of the Conservation Voter Movement. Moving into 2020, LCVEF expects significant and sustained growth within its civic engagement program.
LCVEF is seeking a Voter Engagement Regional Director who has strong experience in management, advocacy organizing, voter registration and executing programs at scale. This person will oversee a growing multi-state site-based voter registration effort in Arizona, Florida and Nevada. The Voter Engagement Regional Director will oversee the development of the vision and day-to-day activities necessary to successfully accomplish program goals. We are looking for a creative, motivated leader with an organizing background who is goal-driven and detail-oriented.
- Work with the Deputy Director of Civic Engagement, LCVEF staff and state affiliates to develop, implement and evaluate site-based voter registration programs in AZ, FL and NV.
- Work with state affiliates in developing and executing state efforts to execute programs and build partnerships.
- Help develop and test effective and new organizing and mobilizing strategies and tools that help build the voice and power of communities and leaders, particularly in communities of color.
- Analyze and prepare reports on program progress for state affiliates and LCVEF leadership, and provide timely updates for grant reports and other donor-related needs.
- Draft and manage issue campaign and program plans and budgets. Ensure that all program goals and metrics are achieved and that programs are run within the allotted budget.
- Ensure compliance and reporting of all activities working with Legal and Finance departments and state affiliates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work Experience: Required – 2-4 years or 1-2 election cycles of experience working on voter registration, electoral, community organizing or labor organizing campaigns, including successful experience managing campaigns focused on communities of color. Minimum of 2 years of experience managing staff. Experience managing complex program budgets and metric-driven campaigns. Preferred – Experience working with coalitions and developing partnerships to advance shared goals. Experience working with 501(c)(3) organizations and coalitions. Experience working with a national organization that has state affiliates or chapters. Experience effectively managing teams in multiple geographies.
- Skills: Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write and implement comprehensive voter participation program and advocacy plans. Ability to represent LCVEF to a variety of audiences and through a variety of mediums. Exceptional leadership, supervision, management and coaching skills including managing remote staff. Ability to train and develop training materials for remote staff. Works well in a fast-paced environment and able to multitask without sacrificing the quality of the work. Reliable, consistent, detail-oriented and self-motivated. Self-aware, emotionally intelligent and culturally competent. Commitment to measuring and tracking progress and outcomes. Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- Cultural Competence: Must share a commitment to advancing racial justice and equity and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture. Must also have a complex understanding of priorities in communities of color and potential for effective civic engagement. Demonstrated cultural competency and familiarity with the complexity of issues and obstacles facing communities of color participation in U.S. democracy.
- Conditions: Able to work hours exceeding stated office hours to get the job done; ability and willingness to travel up to 50% as needed. The location of this position is flexible.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Voter Engagement Director – Southwest” in the subject line by January 31, 2020 . No phone calls please.