Location: Bié, and Huíla provinces
Starting date: ASAP. At candidate´s earliest convenience
Duration: 2 years (negotiable)
People in Need (PIN) has been active in Angola since 2006. A team of 8 expatriates and approx. 70 local staff manage several programs focusing on improving education, livelihoods and food security, water sanitation and hygiene (WASH) conditions and gender-based violence. PIN programs are coordinated from its head office in Kuito, Bié province and field offices in Huambo and Huíla provinces. For more info see http://www.clovekvtisni.cz/en/humanitary-aid/country/angola
The WASH Program Manager will be responsible for the overall management of the WASH program, currently including two major projects: 1) A UNICEF-funded initiative to promote the CLTS approach in four municipalities of Bié province; 2) A two-year project that aims to provide access to safe drinking water for over 200 remote communities in Bié and Huila and to strengthen hygiene and sanitation standards of the target communities.
- Overall project management and implementation
- Technical backstopping
- Support on budgeting and procurement
- Local team management and capacity building
- Regular monitoring and evaluation of project activities
- Reporting to HQ, local institutions, partners and donors
- Cooperation with partners, donors, local authorities and communities
- Knowledge and experience working with construction and rehabilitation of water points according to technical standards (manual drilling as an asset) and implementation of Community Lead Total Sanitation (CLTS) projects; familiar with principles and practices of behavioral change communication (BCC); understanding of public health-health promotion and hygiene policies, methodologies and techniques with respect to rural WASH.
- Relevant academic qualification in WASH or related field (civil or construction engineering, public health, environmental sciences, water resource management) required;
- Experience in capacity building (local partners from civil society and government)
- Sensitivity to cross-cutting topics, especially on gender and nutrition issues;
- Excellent knowledge of English
- At least intermediate knowledge of Portuguese essential, preferably with previous work experience in Portuguese-speaking countries (Angola in particular)
- Experience in project cycle management including project development, project implementation and project evaluation (PCM)
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative surveys for WASH-related indicators and familiarity with data analysis and mapping software (i.e. GIS) highly desired.
- Team management experience (at least 3 years in management positions)
- Experience in working with communities in developing countries (experience living in a rural African context highly desired)
- Very good communication and organizational skills
- Team player
- Responsible and independent working position
- Background of a well-established organization
- Start-up salary 2 820 – 2 930 USD per month (based on previous experience), per diem included
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of work
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations
- Medical helpdesk available online
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation is in PIN guesthouse on PIN expenses
- 25 days of paid leave annually
- R&R: PIN will cover cost of one regional ticket up to 500 USD per year
How to apply:
Please click on green button “Apply” and fill the application form.
In case of any questions you can contact us via email: [email protected]
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.