IYD – Humanitarian Relief Association
Deadline for applications: 22/01/2020
Position: WASH & SHELTER Project Officer (Turkish National Only).
Working Area: Office.
About: IYD – Humanitarian Relief Association:
IYD is a Turkish, non-governmental, non-profit and has no political association working in various fields of humanitarian relief, development, and education.
IYD was established in early 2013 in Turkey.
IYD was registered in 2014 with a license No. (34-203/022) and it has been working according to Turkish Organizations Law No. /5253/ under the name: ULUSLARARASI INSANI YARDIMLAŞMA DERNEĞI
IYD’s offices are spread throughout Turkey and Syria as following:
- Turkey: Istanbul – Gaziantep.
- Syria: Aleppo – Idleb.
In science and work, pioneers in developing ways of life to draw smiles and instill hope.
To provide the best services to develop the affected societies, meeting the basic needs according to the international standards and within a unique ethical methodology.
- Respecting others
IYD strategic goals:
- Working on ensuring a decent life for all the affected people.
- Rehabilitation and construction of the damaged infrastructure.
- Securing the daily basic needs.
- Raising and revitalizing the capacities of the Syrian Civil Society.
Job Title: WASH & SHELTER Project Officer (Turkish National Only).
Project / Department Title: WASH & SHELTER.
Direct supervisor / Reports to: WASH and Shelter Coordinator.
Overall objective of the job:
Implementing the WASH & SHELTER project and provide technical assistance to the project team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Comply with the policies and regulations of the humanitarian relief Agency.
- Monitoring and execution of the project according to the requirements of the donor and the policies and procedures of the IYD.
- Supervise the implementation of the project activities and follow up daily.
- Prepare the purchase requisitions.
- Preparation of bills quantity and technical terms books.
- Preparation of periodic reports.
- Follow up the project budget in coordination with the supporting departments.
- Daily communication with the team.
- Attend all meetings of the WASH & SHELTER Cluster.
- Participate in the preparation of evaluation for the team.
- Adhering to quality standards and working on the implementation of projects according to the quality standards established in the authority.
- Any additional tasks related to the position as requested by the direct manager.
- A university degree in Engineering or any relevant certificate.
- 3 years of experience in the management of WASH & SHELTER’s projects.
- PMD pro certificate.
- The ability to prepare and write project reports.
- The ability to use Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint in a professional way.
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the project team.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good organizational, multitasking and time-management skills.
- Previous experience in project management.
- 2 years of previous experience in a project officer position.
- 3 years’ experience in WASH & SHELTER sector.
- Previous experience in the same field of non-profit organizations for at least one year.
- Proven administrative and IT skills, and an ability to maintain accurate records.
- Humanitarian core standards.
- PMD pro.
Physical and personality traits required:
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Capable of working collaboratively with team members to achieve objectives.
Interested candidates should use the following link for registration
We are strongly encouraging females to apply for this position.
- Applicants should be (Turkish National Only).
- Multi-sent CVs will be ignored (please send your CV only one time at a time).
- IYD is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
- IYD does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- IYD is not able to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
- IYD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
We thank all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.