Natural Resource Management Experts (Roster)
The OSCE Programme Office in Bishkek (POiB) continues to be a reliable partner to the Kyrgyz Republic in fulfilling its environmental security and sustainable nature resource management commitments. Particularly, POiB assists to the Kyrgyz Republic in addressing the good environmental governance challenges, environmental awareness activities, as well as its endeavours towards sustainable development of the country. POiB assistance in the above-mentioned will be directed through increasing the capacities of State institutions in DRR and radioactive safety; providing support to the Aarhus Centres Network; and increasing capacities of governmental authorities and private sector to adopt green economy principles in their development planning processes. POiB is establishing a roster of suitable international and locally recruited experts to be engaged in the implementation of the environmental projects of the Economic and Environmental Dimension (EED) and to provide expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Radioactive safety; - Green economy; - Promotion of Aarhus Convention principles; - Disaster risk reduction; - Environmental management and monitoring; - Local programme budgeting with a focus on environment; - Renewable energy and Energy efficiency; - Environmental Law.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance and direction of the Programme Manager, the Consultant will provide consultancy/expertise and assist in the implementation of the EED projects, particularly:
- Assist in conduction of need assessments and surveys;
- Assist in identification of activities for achieving expected results of the projects;
- Assist in outlining main EED stakeholders including state authorities, institutions and civil society organizations;
- Assist in identification of risks for the implementation of projects and provide recommendations for controlling measures and responses;
- Assist in identification of external factors such as changes in legislation, political and economic situation that can impact on implementation of the projects;
- Assist in implementation of the projects including educational activities;
- Assist in monitoring and evaluation of governmental policies/action plans;
- Provide recommendations to identify other ways to achieve programme goals and results;
- Draft analytical materials and reports including analysis of environmental legislation;
- Develop training modules and conduct training sessions;
- Develop strategic documents, programs, and action plans;
- Develop geographical data and manage the geographical information system;
- Perform and document environmental health and safety audits;
- Develop and monitor projects, contracts to water and natural resources, hazardous and chemical waste, recycling, and environmental initiatives;
- Conduct environmental monitoring and assessment;
- Apply best practices and experiences in environmental protection both at international and local contexts;
- Develop strategic documents, legislation, guidelines, action plans, specifically pertaining the green economy issues;
- Develop information materials (posters, brochures, booklets,) on environment and security.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Programme Office in Bishkek, please see: https://www.osce.org/programme-office-in-bishkek.
- Higher education in Environmental/or Social Sciences, Chemistry, Biology, Education, International Development, Industrial and Civil Engineering or other related fields;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant and proven experience in one or more of the above proposed areas;
- Proven experience in planning, implementation, management and monitoring of environment security and good environmental governance projects;
- Good understanding of the ecological, social, economic and political situation in Kyrgyzstan;
- Experience in drafting or analysis is highly desirable;
- Experience in the implementation of international or regional level projects is highly desirable;
- Experience with the OSCE and UN system is highly desirable;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills;
- Excellent skills in written and spoken Russian; working knowledge of English and Kyrgyz will be an added advantage;
- Fully-computer literate.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
Remuneration will depend on the selected consultant’s qualifications and experience and be in accordance with OSCE established rates.
How To Apply
Please, note that this vacancy is open for competition amongst foreign and Kyrgyz Republic citizens. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies. However, if you have difficulties with the system you may use the OSCE offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail email@example.com.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates to apply to become a part of the organization. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Please note that in the event of invitation for interview/test, the OSCE is unable to reimburse costs incurred. Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.