U.S. nationals: Environmental Protection Specialist
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his or her expertise as an Environmental Protection Specialist. Make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
Here is an opportunity to join a great organization with excellent growth potential!
Learn more about this agency
• Performs as the Snake River Area Office (SRAO) Hazardous Materials Coordinator and participates in the SRAO Environmental Compliance Audit Program.
• Provides expert guidance and advice to the Area Office and facilities for the proper management of hazardous materials.
• Performs the functions of the SRAO Environmental Management Systems Coordinator.
• Serves as the oil and hazardous materials spill coordinator for the SRAO and provides guidance and oversight for hazardous waste investigations and cleanups and provides technical guidance and oversight for the underground storage tank (UST) provisions of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
• Manages associated budgets and coordinates with appropriate responsible Program Managers and budget analysts to ensure hazardous materials and Environmental Management Systems activities are appropriately described, sufficient funds are requested, and appropriations are expended consistent with Federal law.
• Collaborates with other Reclamation environmental specialist as the technical representative for HAZMAT in completion of categorical exclusions, environmental evaluations, environmental assessments, and environmental impact statements.