Water Resources Intern
VHB is looking for a Water Resources Intern to join our Watertown, MA office. VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship. The position offers the opportunity to be a part of our successful water resources practice that provides municipal, state and federal governmental agencies and private sector clients a full array of integrated professional water resources services including:
- Watershed / Water quality
- Stormwater management
- Ecological Restoration / wetlands and streams
- Floodplain management
- GIS Data Management
- Analyze data and develop figures to support project work.
- Assist with the preparation of design plans and specifications for approval by municipalities and regulatory agencies.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, aerial photography and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects
- Coordinate with internal team members to ensure project completion by the defined deadline and established quality
- Assist with the development of construction cost estimates
- Perform computations related to site hydrology and hydraulics, earthwork, stormwater BMPs, channel design components and traditional green stormwater management infrastructure
- Promote the application of newest technologies (GIS/GPS/Civ3D, Automation etc.) to bring efficiency and clarity to our water resources assignments.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Understanding of basic stormwater and drainage concepts
- Willingness to perform field work.
- Team oriented with strong capability to work independently
- Highly organized
- AutoCAD and ESRI GIS experience a plus
- Capable of coordinating and performing multiple tasks
- Enrolled in (or completed) a Bachelor (B.S.) program in an environmental science or environmental engineering field, or a closely related major.
- 0 - 2 years of experience in an environmental consulting environment
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.