The Green Party of Canada (GPC) has experienced tremendous growth in recent years. We elected a record number of Green Members of Parliament in 2019 and won the support of one million Canadians.
We are now seeking a highly motivated, energetic Executive Director (ED) to provide strategic and operational leadership who can translate this support for core Green values into electoral success.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about Green politics, and excited for the challenge of building the Green Party into a strong political contender across the country. The ED will work with a skilled and dedicated team of staff and be accountable to a Federal Council of elected volunteers. The ED will work closely with Federal Council, the Leader and other stakeholders to formulate the GPC’s goals and annual plans and will direct all GPC operations to achieve them.
- working with Federal Council to make decisions regarding GPC governance
- developing, implementing and reporting on annual and multi-year plans based on GPC goals and priorities
- establishing and maintaining good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including elected members, Federal Council, Shadow Cabinet and others
- organizing, supervising and leading all operations of the GPC, including:
- communications and media relations in both official languages
- fundraising and membership development
- information technology and data management
- governance support
- election campaign planning
- human resources
- policy planning and support oversight of administration, finances and accounting
- developing and implementing operational policies and procedures that are consistent with the Canada Elections Act and other governing legislation
- ensuring adequate support and service to local organizations, candidates, members and volunteers
- liaising with municipal, provincial and international Green Parties
- ensuring all GPC activities are consistent with Green values and the principles of the Green Party
- post-secondary degree
- a strong knowledge of federal politics
- experience leading and managing multidisciplinary teams
- experience with political campaigns (this may include campaigns led by non-profit, public, or private sector entities)
- demonstrated commitment to core Green values
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
- proven ability to multitask and work effectively in fast-paced, high stress environment
- experience with policy governance models and working with governance boards
- experience in financial management and budget planning
- proven project management and strategic planning skills
- willingness to work irregular hours and travel occasionally
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- experience developing communications and fundraising strategies
- knowledge of Elections Canada compliance requirements
- experience working with volunteers
- experience with the GPC
Candidates are asked to submit a detailed resume and cover letter describing why they believe they would be an ideal fit for the position to . This posting will remain open until the position is filled.
The Green Party of Canada is an equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package within a stimulating, professional work environment that advocates for healthy work/life balance. If you need assistance or require accommodations in the application process, please send an email with your accommodation needs to .
Thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.