Both ENDS strives for a sustainable, social and fair world by working with organisations in developing countries that are active in the field of poverty reduction and environmental sustainability. Both ENDS facilitates policy discussions between policy makers and civil society organisations from the regions and countries that face the consequences of these policies, and looks for constructive solutions and sustainable alternatives. Our relationship with partners is based on equality and characterised by the exchange of information, fundraising, joint research and advocacy, and mutual capacity building.
Both ENDS is a professional, international organisation with 40 employees, financed by private and public bodies. To strengthen our relationships with civil society organisations in Asia, Both ENDS is looking for a:
Senior Officer Natural Resource Governance Asia
Supporting and cooperating with partner organisations in the field of sustainable water and land use management
As Senior Officer Natural Resource Governance Asia, you will:
- Maintain and deepen relationships with partner organisations in Asia with the aim of identifying and implementing joint strategic agendas in the field of natural resources management;
- Strengthen the position of the alternative agenda at the national and international level in collaboration with relevant networks;
- Support and monitor project activities carried out in direct relation with partner organisations from Asia in the field of sustainable land and water management;
- Look for relevant fundraising opportunities and working on these together with partners;
- Monitor and analyse developments in the field of sustainable land and water management resulting in policy analysis, policy proposals, case studies, publications and presentations at public events;
- Ensure that our Asian partner organisations are represented in international policy processes;
- Participate in relevant networks in Asia.
- You have university level professional skills;
- You are knowledgeable about and have insight plus a minimum of 5 years experience in the policy areas related to natural resource management in Asia (experience in Indonesia is highly preferred);
- You are familiar with the reality and the political context of civil society organisations in Asia regarding sustainable water and land use management;
- You are familiar with the reality and the political context of civil society organisations aimed at land and water management in developing countries;
- You can maintain and strengthen an existing network;
- You have experience with PME&L, and in working in projects, focussing on the results;
- You have experience with socio-political and administrative processes in the Netherlands, the EU and internationally;
- You have excellent communication skills in Dutch and English (an additional language is a plus), and you are able to convincingly present both yourself and your work face-to-face and in writing;
- You have analytical skills;
- You can identify opportunities and problems, identify relevant information and make cross-connections, so you can turn problems into opportunities;
- You are very willing to travel;
- You have a very independent and strong personality;
- You are a team player;
- You focus on getting results.
Both ENDS offers:
- An internationally oriented, dynamic and informal work environment;
- A professional team of very cooperative colleagues;
- Personal guidance;
- A 12-month contract, with the prospect of a permanent position;
- The gross income per month for a 38-hour week when you start working with Both ENDS is € 2550,- to € 3550,-;
- A non-contributory pension scheme.
More information about the organisation can be found on our website www.bothends.org.
We realise that you may have some questions about this position. Due to the large number of responses that we usually receive when we have a vacancy, we regret to say that we are not always able to answer all questions.
We would like to receive your application as soon as possible and no later than 23 November 2016.
Your letter of motivation and CV can be sent to our HR manager, Anneroos Goudsmit, e-mail: [email protected].
If you are invited, we shall contact you no later than 6 December 2016.
The application process consists of three rounds. Writing a case and giving a presentation are part of this process. We will also check references during the selection process.