U.S. nationals: Hydrologic Technician
Temporary positions not-to-exceed 1039 regular hours in a service year may be terminated sooner or extended depending on management needs.
The typical seasonal entry-on-duty period is April - October, but can be variable during these months due to weather conditions, project needs, or funding.
Anticipated Entry on Duty: late March/early April 2020.
Learn more about this agency
As a temporary Hydrologic Technician, you will:
- Safely wade streams to collect and process water quality samples.
- Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment.
- Perform aquatic macroinvertebrate sampling.
- Perform wetland delineation assessments.
- Maintain data logger stations.
- Conduct lab analyses.
- Perform data entry and database management.
- Conduct fieldwork in inclement weather.
- Hike up to four miles in steep terrain at elevations ranging from 5,000 -9,000 ft.
- Operate motorboats.
- Work in a team setting.