The GFA Consulting Group is running since May 2019 a GIZ financed project in northern Uganda. For this project we are looking for a Team Leader (Replacement, Starting as soon as possible).
The project focuses on the West Nile region of northern Uganda. It cooperates with the Ministry of Water and Environment (MWE), in particular with the directorate for water development and with the directorate of water resources management. Regionally, measures are implemented in four refugee-hosting sub-counties of Arua district and the two refugee settlements Imvepi and Rhino Camp.
Intervention areas of the project are :
- strengthening of the coordination capacity of MWE
- strengthening the capacities of regional structure of MWE
- improvement of services at district level
- utilization of the potential of local actors, and
- improvement of hygiene conditions and sanitation provision in refugee settlements and host communities.
- Overall responsibility for the advisory package of the contractor as outlined above
- Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the services of the contractor with other services delivered by the programme at local and national level, in close coordination with the GIZ Head of Programme
- Strategy development for measures for selected entities of the Arua District Local Government and for contributions to regional water sector institutions
- Consideration of cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender equality and do no harm)
- Personnel management, in particular identifying the need for short-term assignments within the available budget, as well as planning and steering assignments and supporting local and international short-term experts
- Ensuring that results monitoring is conducted
- Regular reporting in accordance with deadlines
- Responsibility for controlling the use of funds and financial planning in consultation with GIZ’s officer responsible for the commission
- Supporting the officer responsible for the commission in updating/adapting the project strategy, in evaluations and in preparing a potential follow-on phase
- Participating in local WASH coordination meetings and in relevant local and regional meetings in coordination with the GIZ-AV
- Maintaining contact to other donors, humanitarian aid agencies, implementing partners and NGOs where necessary
- University qualification (MSc level) in Water and Environmental Management, Water and Wastewater Engineering, or equivalent.
- Fluent business language skills in English, preferably including German language skills
- 15 years overall professional experience in the water sector
- 5 years of experience in water supply, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH), preferably in a refugee context
- 6 years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company
- 5 years of experience in projects in East Africa, preferably including Uganda
- 6 years of experience in DC projects
The position will be filled as soon as possible
Clement Le Navenec [email protected]