We are currently seeking a Student Assistant for our international and diverse Climate Diplomacy
Team to provide research and related support to our work with SIDS and LDCs.
- Supporting research and information synthesis on priority thematic areas in the international
climate negotiations – for example, loss and damage, global stocktake, mitigation, finance,
- Reviewing and summarising submissions from Parties and non-Party stakeholders on topics
relevant to the international climate agenda in 2023
- Assisting work related to supporting SIDS and LDCs in Paris Agreement implementation (e.g.
reporting requirements and lessons learned under the Enhanced Transparency Framework)
- Supporting the Climate Diplomacy Team project manager with logistical and travel coordination
needs for inter-sessional climate meetings and negotiation sessions (Bonn SBs, COP28)
- Excellent research skills and ability to synthesise information into clear and useable formats
- Strong interest in international climate change issues
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- A well-developed sense for teamwork and the ability to interact with a diverse array of people
- Experience in project management and travel coordination is an advantage
- Our working language is English, therefore excellent English writing and verbal skills are
What we offer
- A job with purpose. We’re a team of engaged people and with your skills, you can make a positive contribution to our work in the field of climate change
- We are a diverse and inclusive team and welcome your application regardless of your gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect that makes you unique
- In this role you’ll work across the entire organisation and get to know everyone – you’ll be more than just a cog in the wheel
- A positive and inspiring working atmosphere in an international team – our Berlin office is located near Moritzplatz in the heart of the lively Kreuzberg
- We will refund your public transport ticket from the university
Application Deadline: 15 April 2023
Starting date: As soon as possible
Location: A CA office or Home-based
Terms: Until 31 December 2023 with potential for extension
For further information send your questions via email to [email protected].
Please apply with your CV, and cover letter in PDF format exclusively using the application form.
Please indicate in your cover letter your earliest start date. Unfortunately, we cannot process applications sent via email or post.