About The Role
Why join us?
Are you an experienced water resources management professional looking for an exciting new challenge? APEM is seeking a talented individual to join our Water Resources Management team and contribute to a range of exciting projects in water resources, hydrology, hydrometry, drought, and environmental assessment and management.
As a member of our team, you will work on a range of water projects, including drought and water resources plans for water companies, regional water resources plans, drought permit applications, and monitoring programs. You’ll be part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team of water and environmental experts with specialties in water resources, hydro-ecology, hydrology, geomorphology, water quality, aquatic and terrestrial ecology, environmental impact assessment, and planning.
About the role
In this role, you’ll be responsible for all aspects of the consultancy process, from client liaison and bringing in new projects to providing authoritative technical guidance and producing high-quality scientific reports.
As a key member of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to mentor and provide guidance to a team of consultants and senior consultants, while also developing your own client network and actively pursuing new business opportunities. You’ll be responsible for providing expert advice and support to both internal and external clients, leveraging your knowledge and experience to help solve complex problems and drive successful outcomes.
- MSc or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline (e.g., water resources management, hydrology, environmental science).
- Typically, at least 10 years’ professional experience, working across water resources management, drought planning, water related monitoring programmes and assessments e.g., WFD Compliance Assessment, HRA, Environmental Assessment Report (EAR), water cycle studies.
- A contemporary understanding of relevant key UK environmental legislation related to water resources planning, drought planning and associated environmental assessments.
- Proven track record in providing technical advice to clients and colleagues;
- Skilled at preparing high quality technical reports for a range of clients in the private and public sector.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We expect significant interest in this flexible and rewarding role. If you think you have what it takes to join our fast-growing business, then please apply immediately on our website. All we need some basic information and your CV, we will review all applications quickly and will respond to all applications.
The APEM Group is a global environmental consultancy, we work with a range of clients including large corporations and governments to help them understand and solve a wide variety of environmental projects in the UK and globally. Our successful pioneering work has enabled us to grow and combine forces with other businesses who share our ethos and integrity. At our core, our people are working towards the protection of the environment across the globe.