About The Role
Why join us?
Do you have a passion for water resources management and are looking to take the next step in your career?
Come join APEM’s expanding Water Resources Management team and work on exciting projects in the fields of water resources, hydrology, hydrometry, drought, environmental assessment, and management.
We’re looking for a highly motivated and skilled professional to work on a variety of water projects such as water company drought and water resources plans, regional water resources plans, drought permit applications, monitoring programmes, and associated assessments such as WFD Compliance Assessment and HRA. As part of a dynamic and multi-disciplinary team of water and environmental experts, you’ll collaborate with specialists in water resources, hydro-ecology, hydrology, geomorphology, water quality, aquatic and terrestrial ecology, environmental impact assessment, and planning.
With your technical skills, you’ll help design, optimize, and analyse water management programs for a diverse portfolio of aquatic and ecology projects. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your skills, advance your career, and make a meaningful contribution to our team’s success.
About the role
As a member of our team, you will play a crucial role in assisting with project management, tender production, and financial management for our portfolio of water management projects. You will be responsible for providing technical inputs, analysis, and reporting to support the team’s business development and client-facing activities, all while being supported by APEM’s highly experienced team of multi-disciplinary consultancy professionals.
- BSc or MSc degree in a relevant subject and at least three years’ professional experience working across water resources management, drought planning, water related monitoring programmes and assessments e.g., WFD Compliance Assessment, HRA, Environmental Assessment Report (EAR), water cycle studies.
- Proven ability to plan and deliver analytical projects on time and within budget.
- Strong, creative problem-solving, organisational and analytical skills.
- A contemporary understanding of relevant key UK environmental legislation related to water resources planning, drought planning and associated environmental assessments.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
We expect significant interest in this flexible and rewarding role. If you think you have what it takes to join our fast-growing business, then please apply immediately on our website. All we need some basic information and your CV, we will review all applications quickly and will respond to all applications.
The APEM Group is a global environmental consultancy, we work with a range of clients including large corporations and governments to help them understand and solve a wide variety of environmental projects in the UK and globally. Our successful pioneering work has enabled us to grow and combine forces with other businesses who share our ethos and integrity. At our core, our people are working towards the protection of the environment across the globe.