Project Officer China
Project Officer China
Shanghai, China with regular domestic and regional (Southeast Asia) travel
12 months (renewable)
Monday 20 January 2020 5 p.m. CST (Shanghai)
This is an exciting opportunity to support our expanding suite of projects in China and the Asia-Pacific region.
As Project Officer China, you will support the delivery of technical and advisory water stewardship services to private sector clients, specifically in the identification, assessment and implementation of AWS water stewardship solutions.
Reporting to Project Manager China and Regional Director Asia-Pacific, your responsibilities include:
- Independently conduct desktop study on client water use and discharge profile, management performance, and cost analysis against industrial benchmarks;
- Develop river basin profiles and conduct analysis of shared water challenges and risks in targeted catchments;
- Support Project Manager China in scoping and conducting in-depth assessments to identify water & resource efficiency investment opportunities and potential water stewardship projects;
- Support the planning and organisation of Water Stewardship China Network activities;
- Support Project Manager China and Regional Director in other daily project management related activities;
- Contribute to the AWS knowledge base by consolidating and analysing lessons learned from implementation experience and share with regional and global team.
This is a full-time role with an initial 12-month limited term appointment based in Shanghai, China. Outside business hours work may be required to accommodate partner time zones.
You are a young water or environmental professional with a solid understanding of water resource management and water processes (knowledge of water management and processes in an industrial setting is a plus). An excellent communicator, you will be able to work independently and liaise with senior professionals in the private and public sectors. You will understand and be comfortable with multi-stakeholder processes and be able to provide quality support for implementers of the AWS Standard.
- (Essential) Master’s degree in water management, environmental science, environmental engineering or related discipline and at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- (Essential) Technical background/competency with recognized track record in delivering technical advice in industrial water consultancy assignments;
- (Essential) Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills.
- (Essential) Excellent presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely with expert and non-expert audiences.
- (Essential) High competency in using Microsoft Office package.
- (Essential) Excellent fluency in English and Chinese is a must.
- (Essential) Ability to undertake frequent travel within China and South East Asia.
- (Desired) Proven experience working with private sector clients in textile, chemical, food & beverage, microelectronics and/or agricultural sectors is a plus.
- (Desired) Knowledge of other relevant software such as ArcGIS, Tableau is a plus.
More Information About the Role
If you have any questions about the position, please contact email@example.com with the subject line “Project Officer China Inquiry”.
How to Apply
Please submit a one-page expression of interest and a personal profile of no more than two pages with the subject line “Project Officer China Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. CST (Shanghai) on Monday 20 January 2020.
Applicants should include their remuneration expectations in their application.