Reference Number: REF2066J
Project Officer, International WaterCentre
Griffith University, 170 Kessels Rd, Nathan QLD 4111, Australia Full-time
The International WaterCentre (IWC) was founded in 2005, with the vision of harnessing the diverse expertise of leading water professionals and academics from Australia and internationally, to educate and empower individuals, communities and organisations, to build capacity to respond to water challenges in innovative ways. IWC’s main areas of activities are Applied Research, Education, and Engagement and Training. We play a central role in brokering collaborations between professionals and practitioners across institutions and countries, which allows us to lead and participate in teams that are larger than we are and is central to the high level of our productivity and performance.
This position provides project management support to the International WaterCentre. Under general direction from Chief Investigators, the position is responsible for assisting the team in coordinating, monitoring and evaluation of various projects. The role will be required to assist in the coordination of multiple activities at any one time.
The Project Officer will undertake internal and external client and stakeholder liaison under the direction of the Chief Investigators and will assist in providing a broad range of administrative and financial processes. The position will also provide routine advice and information to staff and stakeholders in relation to the projects.
• Assist in the coordination, implementation, and integration of resources for the projects.
• Assist the Chief Investigators to coordinate and operationalise projects, including, assisting with project reporting, preparation of relevant documentation and reports, and maintaining project-level digital filing systems.
• Coordinate project travel and project meetings.
• Prepare summary of project budgets to Chief Investigators (including checking financial reports from partners), maintain project budget spreadsheets, and ensure timely payment of invoices.
• Lead and promote compliance with relevant legislation and University policies and procedures, including equity and health & safety and exhibit good practice in relation to same.
• Be a leading example of the principles and values embodied in the University’s Code of Conduct, and behave, act and communicate at all times to reflect fairness, ethics and professionalism.
What we can offer
This is a fixed term (18-month contract), either full-time or at 0.8FTE part-time position and can be primarily based at the Griffith University Nathan campus. As Griffith is a multi-campus University you may be required to work across other campus locations.
The full time equivalent base salary will be HEW Level 5 range $74,016 – $83,033 per annum + 17% superannuation. The total FTE package will be in the range $86598 – $97,148 per annum.
Completion of a relevant tertiary qualification up to diploma level or directly applicable work experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education and training.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Demonstrated high level administrative, organisational and time management skills with demonstrated attention to detail and ability to prioritise tasks in order to meet competing deadlines.
• Well-developed communications skills, including the ability to write clearly, concisely and accurately, and the ability to build effective relationships with a diverse range of clients and stakeholders.
• Demonstrated high level computer literacy including advanced aptitude in the Microsoft Office Suite, database systems and familiarity with computer network systems and web-based technology.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and travel and meetings under general direction and supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision and exercise initiative and apply sound judgement and problem-solving skills in undertaking responsibilities; work effectively in both an autonomous manner and as a wider team member.
As a values-led organisation, at Griffith University, we’ve worked hard to create a dynamic and strong organisational culture. We support the professional and personal development of all our employees and invest in the skills of our people. We offer:
• Flexible working options and genuine work-life balance.
• Salary packaging options & corporate health discounts.
• Generous leave entitlements including paid parental leave.
Griffith University values diversity, inclusion and flexibility and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. For more information please visit our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion page.
Griffith’s strategic goals are to also increase the proportion of women in senior academic and administrative roles and in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM).
How to Apply
Please submit your application online and ensure your application includes the following:
• A covering letter outlining your suitability for the role (please refer to the Qualifications above and the position description)
• Current curriculum vitae/resume including full contact details
• Please include the details of three supporting referees
Applicants must have unrestricted work rights for the duration of this appointment with the ability to travel overseas.
For further information specifically about this role, please contact Dr Regina Souter, Director, International WaterCentre on [email protected]
For application and recruitment advice, please contact Jake Barwick, Talent Acquisition Partner on [email protected]
For application support, please contact People Services on +61 (0) 7 3735 4011.
Closing date: Wednesday 19th April 2023 at 5 pm AEST. All applications must be submitted online.