Job ID: 53194
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
New Delhi, India
WHO WE ARE
This is an exciting time at The Nature Conservancy (TNC) as we are shifting our strategy for greater impact in the world, seeking to address some of the most complex challenges facing people and nature — issues such as climate change, conserving lands, waters, and oceans at unprecedented scale, providing food and water sustainably and helping make cities more resilient and sustainable.
TNC’s mission is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Rather than viewing development – including economic growth – and conservation as contradictory goals, TNC works to demonstrate how nature has value for people and development and how nature can provide enormous economic benefit. TNC envisions a future where people and nature can flourish together.
A world where the diversity of life thrives, and people act to conserve nature for its own sake and its ability to fulfil our needs and enrich our lives.
The Conservancy Team
We achieve this through the dedicated efforts of our 3,800 diverse staff, including more than 600 scientists, all of whom support conservation in 76 countries and all 50 United States. We are striving to develop a workforce as diverse as the places where we work, and we have a deep commitment to diversity.
TNC is the largest conservation organisation in the world, working in all 50 states in the United States and more than 76 countries. It was incorporated as a non-profit organization in the District of Columbia on October 22, 1951. TNC is science-based and in every place, we work, we partner with governments, businesses, and local communities. TNC is advancing its mission by protecting and restoring rivers, landscapes and oceans for people and their development at an unprecedented scale; it is transforming the way humanity uses the Earth’s natural resources to sustain ourselves.
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
The Associate Director – Programs (AD-P) oversees aspects of protection, science, stewardship and stakeholder relations. The AD-P provides scientific leadership and support for conservation planning work and supports establishment of the overall conservation priorities in the region.
The AD-P will work closely with and report to the Managing Director, TNC India and 3 years position based New Delhi.
What We Can Achieve Together:
Associate Director – Programs (AD -P) will provides technical and program support to the Conservancy and oversee all aspects of a significant portfolio of technical services projects, encompassing a broad range of issues related to conservation and environment. AD-P will provide strategic leadership and support for NCIS’ and establish overall departmental priorities. AD-P will serve as the principal contact for clients, government agencies, and other organizations working in similar fields. They may play a leading role in client identification, cultivation, and stewardship for the department. AD-P will disseminate best practices, provide training and analyses to best implement organizational measures of success, and develop key partnerships with public & private organizations in order to identify and resolve technical issues and to widely communicate solutions, innovative methods, analyses, tools and frameworks to address the client needs. They will establish NCIS as a major player within the area of technical services for conservation and environment, define priorities, lead and manage team(s), and build strategic, scientific, and technical capacity in the field. May work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, on difficult and hazardous terrain, and under physically demanding circumstances depending on the nature of projects being implemented by NCIS. May require frequent travel domestically and/or internationally and evening and weekend hours.
We’re Looking for You:
AD-P will be responsible for managing the portfolio of projects of the organization and will report to the Managing Director. AD-P will provide overall guidance to different project teams in the areas such as conservation, agriculture, forestry, water management, climate change mitigation and adaptation including renewable energy , carbon markets, and urban planning.
- Provide strategic guidance to the technical services department of the organization.
- Strengthen and develop the technical services department of the organization by pursuing various business opportunities.
- Diversity the client base of the organization through initiating new projects and business partnerships.
- Supervise and guide project managers and teams working on a range of technical services projects of the organization.
- Manage the entire project cycle from inception to delivery, ensuring completion of projects within allotted time and resources.
- Helping in strengthening the brand of the organization and helping it emerge as a market leader, especially in the field of technical services for managing conservation and environment projects
- Programmatic scope will require cross-boundary work and building relationships.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- BA/BS degree in Management Studies, Business Administration, Planning or any technical field such as conservation, forestry, agriculture or economics and 10 years’ experience in technical consultancy practice or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Client relationship management experience, including identifying prospective clients.
- Experience directing a major department or project of strategic importance, including management/supervision of multi-disciplinary teams and meeting deadlines.
- Experience of working with current trends and practices in conservation and environment fields in India.
- Supervisory experience, including motivating, leading, setting objectives and managing performance.
- Experience in partnership development with government and private sector agencies.
- Experience of negotiating.
- Experience with financial management of a department or a large project.
- Master’s in management studies, Business Administration, Planning or any technical field such as conservation, forestry, agriculture or economics.
- At least 15-18 years’ experience, including 12 years in a senior manager role.
- Multi- lingual and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Experience of working on a range of projects on conservation and environment.
- Knowledge of project management tools and methods and experience of conceiving and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Communicating clearly via written, spoken, and graphical means in English and other relevant languages.
- Politically savvy.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Nature Conservancy India Solutions Private Limited (NCIS) is a private limited company incorporated under the Companies Act 2013, having it registered office in India in New Delhi. India. It is a wholly owned Indian subsidiary of The Nature Conservancy. The company currently provides technical consultancy, monitoring & evaluation and other related services in the domain of conservation and environment to its various clients within and outside India.
Job Family: Conservation
To apply for Job ID 53194, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ by 11:59 PM IST on 7-Apr-23. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact [email protected].
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to [email protected] with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.
An attractive salary and benefits package is part of TNC’s value proposition to our employees. TNC strives to provide competitive pay and bases salaries on the geographic location of the role committing to being equitable across groups and providing hiring salary ranges when possible.
Since we support flexible and remote work for our employees, many positions have a flexible location within countries where we’re registered as a Non-government Organization and established as an employer. This may mean we’re unable to provide a hiring salary range in the posting for some of our positions. However, candidates invited to be part of our interview process will be provided their location specific range upon request.