REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS)
ESWATINI WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATION ACCESS PROJECT (P166697): INTEGRATED RIVER HEALTH MONITORING PLAN FOR THE UPPER MKHONDVO RIVER CATCHMENT.
Assignment Title: Consultancy services for the Development of an Integrated River Health Monitoring Plan for the Upper Mkhondvo River in the Kingdom of Eswatini.
Reference No: SZ-EWSC-342978-CS-QCBS (EWSC 56 of 2022/23)
The Government of the Kingdom of Eswatini has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Eswatini Water Supply and Sanitation Access Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultancy services. The services comprise of developing an integrated river health monitoring plan for the upper Mkhondvo river in Eswatini. The implementing agency for this project is the Government of the Kingdom of Eswatini through Eswatini Water Service Corporation (EWSC) and sub-coordinated by the Department of Water Affairs.
Eswatini Water Service Corporation (EWSC) proposes to abstract an additional 40 l/s from the Mkhondvo River in Eswatini, which will be treated at an existing Water Treatment Plant at Masibini, bringing the total water abstraction by the existing plant to 81 l/s. The additional 40 l/s will be supplied to the Eswatini Water and Sanitation Project in the Shiselweni Region, serving an estimated 18 478 people.
- To develop a fully implementable and comprehensive integrated river health monitoring plan for the Upper Mkhondvo catchment leading downstream to the vicinity of the Masibini Water Treatment Plant and to develop relevant procedures, data management and analysis tools for robust river health monitoring and management.
- To ensure that water resources can continue to support the many different ways we use these resources and to track whether protection and restoration measures are working.
Scope of Work
The consultant must ensure that the underlisted activities are met but not limited to during the course of the consulting services execution on the upper part of the Mkhondvo river;
- Desktop Review and Inception Report presentation to key stakeholders
- Determine Institutional Roles and Responsibilities for River Health Monitoring
- Integrated Monitoring Plan
- Masibini Water Treatment Plant Operating and Maintenance Plan
- Preparation of a Monitoring Manual
- Purchasing of Equipment and Training of Key Staff
Consultant Qualification and Experience
The Government through Eswatini Water Service Corporation now invites eligible consultants (firms) to indicate their interest in providing services on river health monitoring for the Upper part of the Mkhondvo catchment.
The Expression of Interest shall information about consultants’ qualifications and capability to perform the consulting services including description of experiences with similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, confirmation of availability of the consultants,. Consultants are allowed to associate with others to enhance their qualifications. Where firms are associating, the submission must include verifiable evidence of association from all parties. The shortlisting criteria are:
- The firm should have minimum 10 years’ experience in similar consultant services on integrated river health monitoring plan development.
- Demonstrate experience of having satisfactorily completed at least 2 assignments of similar magnitude and complexity in the past five years as a Consultancy on the development of a river health monitoring plan.
- Demonstrate experience of having completed at least one assignment involving development of a river health monitoring plan in Africa in the past 10 years.
- Technical and managerial proficiency of the firm to execute this contract is essential (evident from company structure including detailed technical team structure).
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 3.14 to 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers of July 2016, revised in November 2017 and August 2018 setting forth the World Bank’s Policy on Conflict of Interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the QCBS (Quality and Cost Based Selection) method set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers dated July 2016, revised in November 2017 and August 2018.
Interested consultant(s) may request and obtain further information and detailed terms of reference by email to [email protected] and copy [email protected], on or before 04 April 2023.
Expressions of Interest, clearly labelled ‘’[Name of Consultant] EWSSAP: “Integrated River Health Monitoring Plan for the Upper Mkhondvo River in the Kingdom of Eswatini”, should be submitted by 07 April 2023 at 12:00hrs local time through:
an email to: [email protected] for files less than 6MB (or send a link for files larger than 6MB),
or hand submitted (1 original and 4 copies) to the physical address as indicated below:
Attention: The Managing Director
Eswatini Water Services Corporation Headquarters, Emtfonjeni Building.
Corner MR 103 and Cultural Village Drive, Ezulwini
Facsimile number: +268-2416-3616