The Norwegian Institute of Water Research (NIVA) wants to recruit a senior researcher or researcher who can help strengthen NIVA's social science research areas.
We are looking for you with experience from research in the intersection between water, environment and society, with particular emphasis on legal dimensions of environmental governance. You are interested in the relationship between environmental law and governance, planning, participation, user interests and knowledge production in the environmental field.
You are expected to participate actively in the NIVA Section for Water and Society, which consists of a broad-based research group with expertise in social geography, environmental law, economics, and nature and environmental governance. We have an exciting project portfolio and focus on water-related research areas, ranging from coast to mountain, from village to city, in Norway and internationally.
Here you can ready more about the section Water and society
In addition to typical research projects, we also carry out knowledge projects that support capacity building, business development and innovation development for the public and private sector, which is increasingly being sought. You have the interest and experience of working interdisciplinary, and with research and innovation that takes place in interaction with academics, both public and private.
We look for you who will work academically and more applied with interaction between user and interest groups, research, business and management. We consider that you have a background in law, especially environmental law. But also candidates within political sciences, or related social sciences studies, with a particular focus on environmental matters, may be relevant.
- Work interdisciplinary and project-based
- Build relevant networks nationally and internationally
- Initiate new projects in dialogue with customers, users and research colleagues, internally and externally
- Especially for senior researchers, to lead research projects eg. EU Horizon2020 and Norway's Research Council
Formal qualifications and experience
- Preferably PhD and preferably several years of experience from relevant social studies
- Relevant publication history
- Documented experience from interdisciplinary project work
- Relevant experience outside the field will be an advantage, but not a requirement
- Knowledge of and mastery of a Scandinavian language is a resource, but not a requirement
- Experience from the public or private sector will be an advantage, but not a requirement
- The ability to work analytically and structured - even under time pressure.
- The ability to design, organize and carry out projects, both practical and scientific
- Excellent skills in communicating with customers, users and research colleagues.
We can offer
- Challenging tasks at the leading national water research institute with a comprehensive international network of contacts and partners
- Head office at the Oslo Science Park, nearby the University of Oslo, in which most partners within The Oslo Centre for Interdisciplinary Environmental and Social Research (CIENS) are located
- Stimulating work environment with capable and dedicated employees
- Competitive conditions and salaries, pension plans and insurance benefits