The Mid-Level Program Specialist (Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene – WASH) will provide technical and program planning, implementation and oversight to the USAID/Disaster, Conflict, and Humanitarian Assistance (DCHA) Food For Peace (FFP) activities. The primary responsibilities of the Specialist are to identify, develop, describe, and implement programs/activities in the area of clean drinking water and sanitation in affected regions. The Specialist will work with client’s field operations team staff and Washington-based staff to ensure that the WASH activities are consistent with regional strategies and plans.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum eight (8) years’ experience in related field OR Master’s degree with minimum of six (6) years’ experience in related field.
- Minimum six years’ of progressively responsible, professional-level experience in program design, program planning, and program implementation work in development-related work or private-sector institutions.
- Ability to plan, organize, manage, and evaluate program activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, tact and diplomacy in order establish and develop sustainable working relationships on a high level of trust.
- Ability to prepare ad hoc reports, project documentation, and briefing papers
- Good analytical ability needed to interpret public policies.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Good computer skills, including working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work in high-pressure environments and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Potential to acquire such knowledge of USG legislation, policy, and practice related to development assistant, of USAID programming policies, regulations, procedures and documentation.
- Monitors and evaluates managed activities, reporting, and trends analysis.
- Facilities the development of work plans and coordinates preparations for portfolio reviews; and participates in the review of annual, semi-annual, and quarterly reports.
- Works with colleagues and technical offices to effectively manage activities, with special emphasis on implementing best practices in urban water and sanitation activities.
- Assists senior U.S. Government, Mission, Non-Governmental Organizations, and other national and international groups in order to develop effective and sustainable strategies to ensure health development impacts.
- Collaborates with other office members in the preparation and presentation of deliverables, and assists in monitoring Mission and U.S. Government progress toward meeting overall Mission objectives.
- Coordinates with other stakeholders engaged in water and sanitation activities, and provides technical guidance to leadership at the national level.
- Keeps abreast of trends, policies, and other donor agencies in the WASH sector, advises the Mission in implementation of best practices.
- Participate in budgeting and financial analysis with other office staff, and with other offices, in funded activities to ensure proper use of program funds.
- Supports ongoing and constantly improving relations with U.S. Government agencies, external organizations and counterparts.
Work Authorization: U.S. Citizen
Reports to: Food For Peace (FFP) Program Manager
Clearance Required: Yes, must be able to obtain Secret Level Security Clearance
If interested, please send CV, references, and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Program Specialist (WASH)”. Please provide detail about your experience in program support. Only finalists will be contacted.
This position is envisioned to begin in December 2016. The application deadline is November 07, 2016.
ME&A is an equal employment opportunity employer.