Salary: €32,829 Expenses and per diem depending on the conditions of the mission.
Contract Type: 12 month contract with possibility of renewal.
Location: Home (20%) plus field work (80%).
Start Date: The successful candidate will need to be available to start within 48 hours.
Oxfam works with others to overcome poverty and suffering. As an Oxfam employee, you will join a team of professionals that is part of the international confederation of 17 organizations networked together in 94 countries. As part of a global movement for change, we are working together to end world poverty and injustice.
As part of the Global Humanitarian Team, the WASH Public Health Promoter will provide technical support at the regional, country and partner level. More specifically, they will develop and implement tools and standards to ensure the quality of our programs. The successful candidate will enable communities to become more resilient to future shocks by building their capacity to effectively respond to humanitarian emergencies worldwide.
Please note: This position involves immediate deployment for a period up to 6 months in the first emergency phase in early recovery or preparation.
- Support for humanitarian aid programs:
- Assess public health risks facing communities in crisis situations.
- Identify and assess current resources and capacity of national partners, humanitarian organizations and government authorities to meet public health needs.
- Accompany and lead a community mobilizers team to implement and monitor appropriate interventions.
- Capacity Building:
- Recruit and manage the public health promotion staff during a procedure. This includes writing job profiles, work plan, goal setting and evaluation.
- Strengthen the capacity of Oxfam staff and partners through mentoring and coaching, job coaching and informal and formal training.
- Learning and reporting:
- Support research actions based on the ground to explore new ways to work with communities and achieve WASH.
- Disseminate examples of good practice program missions
We are looking for …
- University degree or equivalent in one of the following disciplines or related discipline: social sciences, environmental health, public or preventive, anthropology, community development.
- Significant experience abroad including recent experiences in humanitarian response, ideally WASH. Experience the context of the Middle East would also be an advantage.
- Experience working in participation with communities; a proven talent for capacity development.
- Experience in managing small teams and in training and capacity development.
- Communication skills and interpersonal skills. Cultural sensitivity and ability to work in different cultural contexts and communicate with all stakeholders.
- Proven ability in assessment, analysis and planning.
- Good understanding of the importance of gender equality and participation problems in the implementation of the program; sensitivity to the needs of the displaced and disadvantaged.
- Dedication to the principles and humanitarian quality standards for humanitarian intervention.
- Fluency in English and French required. In addition, knowledge of Spanish or Arabic will be a significant advantage.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in crisis situations.
Applications must be submitted through our online system. For further information about the role and to apply please go to: