Norwegian Church Aid (‘NCA’) is one of the largest aid organisations in the Nordic region. We are there in disasters and emergencies to provide water and critical assistance to those affected. Together with our international network and partner organisations in the ACT Alliance we are able to reach millions of people each year and help make a positive difference around the world. We are determined to work towards eradicating injustice and we therefore work passionately with advocacy, long-term development in local communities and providing emergency assistance. As we see more and more people impacted by disasters, we now have an even stronger focus on providing more people with emergency relief and access to clean water. We believe that people in need must be helped and we will not stop fighting for a just world.
The contract is for 12 months from 1 January to 31 December 2017. Please note that this position is not an expatriate position and will be under NCA’s national terms and conditions for that region.
NCA uses an electronic gateway for all recruitment where you can register and submit your CV, write an application / cover letter and attach relevant certificates.
Applications can also be submitted in original to: NCA, office no. 207, Al Mansour Complex, Princess Taghreed street 36, Swefieh, Amman, Jordan
This recruitment process will be run by NCA’s regional office in Amman and they will be in touch with you if your application is of interest.
- Contribute to the development of NCA’s regional WASH strategy, policies and methods.
- Provide technical input into developing new responses to WASH emergencies or gaps including preparing for and carrying out WASH needs assessments together with partners and local staff.
- Contribute with technical expertise to WASH funding proposals, budgets and reports.
- Quality assure WASH designs, procurement plans, Bill of Quantities and budgets.
- Strengthen NCA’s monitoring and data collection system and routines for WASH projects.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to NCA’s operational and partner-based projects in the region to document and propose improvements and alternative courses of action.
- Assess, accompany and develop capacity of national and partner WASH staff.
- For shorter periods, in situations of insufficient capacity or staff turnover, support in the field.
- As agreed, coordinate activities with relevant UN agencies and forum as well as other WASH actors.
- University education in engineering on bachelor or master degree level in one or more of the following subjects: water, sanitation or civil engineering.
- Demonstrated minimum 7 years project management experience, preferably from governmental or non-governmental organizations.
- Background from training and coaching staff and others on WASH.
- Experience with developing and/or quality assuring designs, procurement plans, detailed Bill of Quantities and technical specifications for water supply and/or sanitation infrastructure.
- Experience with monitoring water supply and/or sanitation projects under construction and/or for operations and maintenance.
- Previous exposure to relevant government structures and processes for approval and operations of water and/or sanitation schemes.
- Preferred: Knowledge about integrated WASH and WASH environmental assessments.
- Working knowledge of English and preferably Arabic.
- Willingness to travel frequently to various locations in the region.
- A key role working with meaningful projects for one of Norway’s largest humanitarian organizations.