- Prepare high quality, evidence based analytical reports on the economic and financial aspects of water management and water sector reform in EECCA countries including consultation with internal and external stakeholders as required.
- On the basis of analysis conducted, formulate practical policy recommendations for water sector reform.
- Provide peer review and expert advice to colleagues on reports and project documentation.
Project management, collaboration and dissemination
- Plan and co-ordinate project implementation, identifying human and financial resource needs, ensuring effective liaison with beneficiary countries and donors. Monitor project delivery, including budget expenditures to programme.
- Where appropriate, identify and select experts to assist in project implementation, develop terms of reference for projects and consultants in line with OECD standards, monitor and facilitate the work of experts including supervision of the work and quality control of deliverables to programme and budget.
- Organise expert and policy related meetings including the preparation of all meeting documentation and summary reports.
- Communicate findings of projects and analysis at national and international forums as required.
- Contribute to the organization of meetings of the bodies overseeing work on water in EECCA countries including preparation of the agenda, documents and summary reports. Maintain good communication with the members of these bodies.
- Support the collaboration and development of partnerships with institutions responsible for water management in EECCA and other countries, including international organisations, international financing institutions and academics active in the field of water management and policy reform.
- Contribute to the further development of co-operation with EECCA countries in the water sector by identifying promising new projects and areas of work.
- Identify opportunities for co-operating with the OECD horizontal water programme, both drawing on and contributing to the further development of OECD work on water.
- Contribute to fundraising efforts by preparing inputs to project proposals, terms of reference and grant reports, and by liaising with donors in co-operation with team management.
- Represent the OECD/GREEN Action Programme at international events as required.
- Contribute to the development of the team and Divisional work programme and communication strategy.
- Supervise the work of support staff as required.
- An advanced university degree in environmental economics, finance or other relevant discipline.
- Three to seven years of relevant experience in the field of water management, preferably including water supply and sanitation, irrigation and water resources management with knowledge of international good practice on the same topics. Experience within the EECCA region would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience of project planning and management including project tendering and project execution.
- Experience of working with international donors including knowledge of funding requirements; experience of working with international financial institutions would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to draft clear, policy relevant and analytical reports.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality oral presentations.
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities and to explore new areas of work.
- Fluency in one of the two OECD official languages (English and French) and knowledge of the other, with a commitment to reach a good working level.
- Fluency in Russian and other EECCA languages would be an important asset.
- For this role, the following competencies would be particularly important: Analytical thinking, Achievement focus, Drafting skills, Teamwork and Team leadership, Client focus, Strategic thinking.
- Please refer to the level 3 indicators of the OECD Core Competencies.
- Two-year fixed term appointment, with the possibility of renewal.
- Depending on level of experience, monthly salary starts at either 5,500 EUR or 6,800 EUR, plus allowances based on eligibility, exempt of French income tax.