Consultant / Senior Consultant (Climate, Resilience and Sustainability)
Overview / Responsibilities
Do you have a keen interest in climate change and sustainability and an enthusiasm for developing solutions to complex and challenging problems? Are you looking for the ideal launch pad for a rewarding and fulfilling career in environmental consultancy? If so, we are recruiting for a high-calibre Consultant or Senior Consultant to join our Climate, Resilience & Sustainability team at Wood, with a particular focus on climate change considerations in Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA). We have opportunities available in our London, Reading and Bristol office.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant contribution to the continued success and growth of a reputable and successful team and contribute to a wide range of high-profile projects. At Wood we help our clients to shape a more sustainable future and the projects we work on cross the multiple sectors and geographies our business works in. As such you will be exposed to a wide range of international projects with opportunities to travel.
You will be able to demonstrate excellent knowledge of climate change / sustainability policy and evidence experience of climate change assessments for infrastructure and / or built environment project development. We are looking for a new member of the team who can work on both climate change adaptation and mitigation, thus providing our clients with services that reduce their vulnerability to climate change and manage their carbon impact.
You will be required to produce reports and develop proposals for EIAs and other climate change assessments across a wide range of sectors. We expect that you will be self-starting and take the initiative to make effective decisions. Working as part of a team will be required in order to provide innovative solutions for clients.
You will join an enthusiastic and supportive team and will experience a challenging and fulfilling working environment. There are significant opportunities for ongoing and structured career development within the Climate, Resilience & Sustainability field and across Wood’s wider Environment & Infrastructure Solutions consultancy business.
Wood recognises that their people are central to its success as a business. As a consequence, we are committed to a providing a comprehensive framework for the professional development of its staff, including:
- Access to extensive internal and external training opportunities;
- An Early Careers Network;
- A mentoring programme; and
- Support for gaining chartership through professional institutions.
Fairness, support in development and a safe work environment – these are all of great importance to us. Where people look out for each other, are respected and are recognised. Where people work ethically and safely. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. We truly believe that diversity within our workplace promotes an incredible diversity of ideas. We are happy to consider applicants who are interested in the role on a part-time basis and support flexible working arrangements.
Skills / Qualifications
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a strong interest in climate and sustainability. Specifically, we are looking for the following qualifications and experience:
- At least a 2:1 degree in a relevant environmental discipline, with a strong emphasis on climate change resilience, adaptation and / or mitigation.
- A second degree in a relevant technical area is not essential but would be beneficial.
- You have experienced of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and planning processes, with an understanding of the climate change adaptation and mitigation technical specialisms required for EIA;
- You are familiar with carbon accounting and reporting greenhouse gas inventory and forecast methodologies and mitigation strategies;
- You will be able to demonstrate an ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams;
- You should be comfortable communicating technical matters to a broad range of technical, planning and engagement colleagues and stakeholders.
- You are interested in developing technical skills as part of ongoing career development; and
- You are able to manage client and / or other partner relationships;
- Previous working experience within consultancy would be advantageous but is not essential.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.