Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Expert (m/f) WASH
in Duhok, Iraq
The position is to be filled as soon as possible with an initial contract duration until 30 June 2017. Em-ployment location will be Duhok, Iraq. Duty trips will be required.
Job objectives and tasks:
As Expert WASH, you will support and advise the programme leadership in developing and implement-ing Welthungerhilfe’s emergency WASH activities in the project regions Duhok, Sununi and Erbil; and likely in newly accessible areas.
• Propose new project ideas and support the development of project proposals
• Design relevant wash interventions at the targeted communities, considering the lrrd ap-proach
• With the support of hr, select and train qualified field staff
• Supervise and monitor the technical project implementation in the wash project areas and ensure the involvement of local communities
• Oversee the drafting of boq, work plans and budgets
• Facilitate project assessments, monitoring and reporting towards donors and welthungerhilfe
• Represent welthungerhilfe in relevant committees on behalf of the Country Director
As a qualified applicant, you possess:
• A university/university of applied sciences degree in civil engineering, water management or a comparable specialised qualification suitable to the position
• Several years of project experience in the field of wash and shelter for international (aid) or-ganisations, preferably in the region and/or in an emergency context
• Good mental and physical resilience and willingness to travel to areas with volatile local con-ditions
• Excellent coordination and organisational skills, including ability to work under pressure
• Co-operation and team skills
• Very good oral and written command of english, command of Arabic and German is an as-set
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Of course, a comprehensive training and regular Rest & Recreation days are also part of our offer.
Please send your cover letter and CV by e-mail stating the reference number “KRI 17616” by 11 No-vember 2016 to Barbara Kürsten ([email protected]fe.de).
|Job Email id:||recruitment.kuersten(at)welthungerhilfe.de|