We are now seeking a Director for Climate Analytics Lomé to expand our Climate Analytics entity in Togo, implement and further develop its strategy and to supervise the Lomé office operations.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the Climate Analytics Board and Management Team with focus on implementation in the Least Developed Countries (LDC) regions, and will report to Climate Analytics’ CEO.
The main duty will be to implement the strategy development of Climate Analytics Lomé and overall management of the office, team and projects. Key priorities will be given to current major projects (IMPACT and PAS–PNA projects) and expectations to further develop the office portfolio in the years to come. The position is based in our office in Lomé, Togo and will require frequent travel to LDC countries and occasional visits to the head office in Berlin, Germany.
- Oversight and management of all operational activities of Climate Analytics Lomé including budgeting, resource planning, staff management etc.
- Project management and coordination of project work between the Lomé and Berlin offices as well as with regional partners in Africa and other LDC countries
- Write reports, work papers and other information material
- Project development, project acquisition and donor liaison for the CA Lomé office
- Interact with stakeholders, project partners and potential funders for satisfying information needs
- Strategic development, project development, identifying opportunities and proposal writing.
- A MSc in Political Science, an MBA or a Science related MSc, a PhD is a plus
- Scientific and political capacities
- Management skills and expertise including team leader skills and staff management
- Project development and acquisition, fundraising and relationship building with donors experience
- Operations management competence
- Project management skills and experience
- Negotiation experience (UNFCCC and others)
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the relevant sectors
- Experience with inter-disciplinary work and a commitment to Climate Analytics’ vision, mission and role
- Good connections to regional governments are important
- Strong contacts within the LDC region
- Good connections and experience in working with funders are an asset
- Excellent spoken and written French as well as very good spoken and written English
- A well-developed sense for team work, excellent networking skills and ability to interact with a diverse array of people
- Regional and international travel is required
We can offer a positive and inspiring working atmosphere in an international team as well as insights into the international climate change negotiations and our support work for the SIDS and LDCs.