Project Manager: Brown to Green Report
About the Climate Policy Team
The Climate Policy Team is engaged with a large variety of projects, and continuously develops new research and applied policy projects. In its work, the team has major interest in activities of the G20 countries, including taking stock of where G20 countries stand in terms of 1.5°C benchmarks and highlighting key opportunities to enhance climate action across sectors. The team is also responsible for some of our flagship projects such as the Climate Action Tracker and Coal Phase out studies.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager for the production and coordination of the Brown to Green Report. The position entails content work and substantial project coordination and management tasks. The Project Manager: Brown to Green Report will work closely together with other Climate Policy Team members and other partners in the production of the country profile reports for each of the G20 countries.
You will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and preparing a country report for each G20 member, in collaboration with project partners and other experts
- Coordinating data inputs for these reports in close collaboration with the Team’s Data Analyst
- Undertaking analytical research on climate related issues to inform the reports
- Contributing to the Brown to Green Summary Report and other reports or briefings
- Participation in partner meetings and workshops and other events as needed (incl. travel within Germany and abroad)
- Contributing to the outreach associated with the report, including media interviews
- General project management tasks (incl. preparing project calls and workshops, meeting reporting requirements, budget management)
- Contributing to fundraising efforts of the Climate Policy Team
- Providing support to other Climate Policy Team projects, as required
You will ideally have the following qualifications and skills:
- A graduate degree in environment- or climate-related studies, such as environmental management, climate science, social science, economics, engineering or a related field
- Minimum of five years of working experience in climate policy related fields
- Proven experience in project management is essential
- Experience with data analysis and basic statistics desired
- Excellent analytical skills as well as strong writing skills
- Experience with inter-disciplinary work and an interest in understanding and addressing G20 countries’ challenges to climate change mitigation
- Experience with media is an asset
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, and motivated self-starter
- Team-player able to interact with a diverse array of people
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills. Working language is English, but other G20 languages are an asset
- Ability to manage multiple project tasks at the same time and manage work across timezones
- Willingness to travel
- An exciting working environment in an international highly motivated team.
- Participation in an international and interdisciplinary project on the interface between climate science, policy and implementation.
- Our Berlin office is located near Moritzplatz in the heart of the lively Kreuzberg, surrounded by a dynamic startup scene.
- We will refund your public transport ticket and offer a company pension plan.
Application deadline: 13 December 2019
Starting date: As soon as possible, no later than 1 February 2020
Location: Berlin, Germany
Terms: Full time position. Currently we can offer a fixed term contract for 1 year, with the perspective of extension based on performance and funding.
For further information send your questions via email to email@example.com.
Please apply with your CV, cover letter and a list of three referees in PDF format by 13 December 2019 exclusively using the application form. Applications by email or by post can unfortunately not be processed.