In Support of GGGI’s India Program, the Program Manager will be engaged as a full time staff member of the India Country Team to lead the implementation of work program in India, and provide support in the other initiatives under the Country Program. He/she is expected to carry out: a.) Management functions to design and oversee the implementation of project activities as well as the task of consultants/staff mapped under the project; b.) Technical functions in terms of independently producing analytical work to inform the projects under the Country Program; and c.) Cross collaboration functions to coordinate with and support other strategic initiatives to realize the objectives of the Country Program.
Headquartered in Seoul, The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is an intergovernmental organization founded to support and promote a model of economic growth known as “green growth”, which targets key aspects of economic performance such a poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion, and environmental sustainability. GGGI works with countries around the world, building their capacity and working collaboratively on green growth policies that can impact the lives of millions. The organization partners with countries, multilateral institutions, government bodies, and private sector to help build economies that grow strongly and are more efficient and sustainable in the use of natural resources, less carbon intensive, and more resilient to climate change.
GGGI has a diverse portfolio of programs in developing countries around the world. These in-country programs, together with global products and services, focus on delivering results through an integrated approach of evidence-based green growth planning and implementation aligned to countries’ development priorities. The organization also focuses on knowledge development and management activities which build a strong theoretical and empirical basis for green growth, while providing concrete options and guidance for policymakers; as well as building the conditions for public and private green infrastructure investments.
- Lead successful implementation of GGGI’s work program in India, through close monitoring and guidance of project activities; design and execution of project inputs and activities; and identification and resolution of implementation issues.
- Lead, direct and mentor the country team in line with the organizational strategy.
- Lead, supervise and review the outputs of staff and consultants based in India.
- Assess effectiveness of program delivery and recommend improvements to meet long term outcomes;
- Support the Country Representative with donor reporting and building effective networks with donors and other development partners;
- Lead GGGI’s technical delivery in India with experience across various green growth sectors, with a particular focus on renewable energy and energy access (off-grid collar)
- Lead GGGI India teams efforts in identifying financeable projects and programs within India’s INDCs, and development of bankable projects
- Lead GGGI’s South-South collaboration related initiatives in India, identifying and creating opportunities for facilitating knowledge sharing around renewable energy from and with India
- Lead the engagement with GGGI’s Investment and Policy Solutions Team in Seoul, on services provided by Green Investment Services as well as Knowledge Services;
- Be the focal point to the key Management and Governance units in HQ, such as Monitoring & Evaluation, HR, Finance and Communications, etc.
- Build and maintain relationships with development agencies, non-governmental organizations, and relevant private sector players in India to collaborate and establish partnerships, where appropriate, to ensure the effective delivery of GGGI’s India Program
- Lends expertise and allocate time to share lessons and provide inputs to other GGGI Programs implemented in other member countries.
- Serves as an overall focal person and represents GGGI in appropriate occasions.
- Help profile the country program, by conceptualizing and delivering targeted communication products for internal and external audience (government counter parts, policy makers, development agencies, etc.)
- Deliver bi-annual Work Program, and Monitoring and Reporting processes, including the monitoring of logical framework and work plans;
- Oversee that all program-related outsourcing and procurement in all GGGI India program activities results in quality products, strong government and private sector engagements, well designed projects in the energy sectors as well as strategic south-south collaboration initiatives
- Achieve synergies between the various work streams of the India program (INDC implementation and South-South Collaboration)
- Leads the formulation and delivery of GGGI’s South-South Knowledge Sharing initiative in India, with a particular focus on renewable energy
- Leads the design and implementation of communication and outreach activities and spearhead the liaison and coordination with concerned stakeholders in the interest of developing partnerships and promoting broad based support for the India Country Program.
- Provides expert inputs to the design and implementation of other initiatives under the Country Program particularly in relation to the development of bankable projects
- Participates and provides expert inputs on various technical and non-technical initiatives being undertaken by the India Country Program and GGGI Headquarters.
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Climate Science, Public Administration, International Development or any discipline related to the assignment. Relevant professional experience may be considered to supplement educational degree.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in managing programs and technical assistance internationally; work experience in India will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of global and national issues and initiatives in the area of climate change and green growth
- Experience in managing people
- Demonstrated experience in building, nurturing and sustaining multi stakeholder partnerships including state and national goverments; a thorough understanding of and respect for government systems, particularly roles of responsibilities of key ministries relevant to green growth
- Experience in ERP systems and ability to apply ICT tools in project management is a must
- Highly proficient in written and spoken English; fluency in Hindi and other Indian language is an advantage
- Indian nationals with international experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
- High level of professional maturity, integrity and ability to make responsible and sound decisions.
- Outstanding interpersonal, stakeholder engagement and consensus-building skills, ability to foster strong relationships with key government agencies, and understand their needs;
- Recognized leadership, experience holding leadership positions in the past is preferred;
- Strategic thinking with a proven project delivery experience, i.e. managing the delivery of results on budget and time.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work under pressure and to establish and maintain effective work relationships with people of different backgrounds.
- Experienced in working with and supervising team members of varied cultural background and specialization.
- Understands and actively supports GGGI’s mission, vision and values.
- Promotes an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect and partnership,
- Processes and shares information easily and is excellent at problem solving.
- Manages emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily.
- Promotes creativity and innovation among staff.
- Able to lead, develop and motivate staff and support the Country Representative to make sound decisions.
GGGI is in the process of a grade realignment exercise. Implementation of the grade realignment may result in a change in the grade and title of this position.