REPORTS TO: GWPO Resource Mobilisation & Partnerships Manager & Senior Network Officer (Floods & Droughts)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 10th November 2016
STARTING DATE: 21st November 2016
The Global Water Partnership (GWP) is an intergovernmental organisation established in 1996 to support countries in their efforts to implement a more equitable and sustainable management of their water resources. The network spans 13 regions with more than 2,600 institutional Partners in 158 countries. The global secretariat is in Stockholm, Sweden. More information: www.gwp.org
PURPOSE OF THE CONSULTANCY
The Resource Mobilization Consultancy will kick start the development of a multi-layered (global/regional/country level) prospective donors mapping tool, to guide GWPO and GWP network’s efforts to position itself and its programs towards prioritized and qualified funding sources.
Building on discussions with internal and external stakeholders and using existing tools, the consultant will be responsible for identifying, qualifying and mapping prospective donors’ interests in GWP programmes as well as identifying relevant entry points and preparing GWP engagement with prioritized donors. A specific focus of the consultancy will be on the joint GWP-WMO flood and integrated drought management programs
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Familiarize itself with the scope and operations of GWP and more specifically APFM and IDMP.
- To conduct funding landscape analysis and strategically aligned prospect research at a global and regional level, in coordination with the concerned Network Officers and regions and external stakeholders (e.g. WMO).
- Identify and prioritize key donors and prospects, strategically aligned with GWP’s vision, themes and value adding proposition and who are able to offer sizeable funds or increase their existing financial support to GWP core activities and programs, and more specifically APFM and IDMP.
- To develop a prioritized list of qualified2 donors (bilateral agencies, multilateral- intergovernmental organizations and funds, private sector organizations and foundations, building on previously mapped prospective donors
- Identify entry points, synergies and support the APFM and IDMP Technical Support Unit in preparing, facilitating pitches to and approaching prioritized potential donors
- Building on the intelligence collected to date across a list of strategic stakeholders, design a power mapping tool describing the donors’ key decision making processes, key personnel-influencers and key themes and events. Support the further collection of intelligence by helping to compile and coordinate GWPO, regions and network officers’ input.
- To provide general support as required, towards the implementation of the Resource Mobilisation and Partnership work plan (e.g. briefings and profile research of bespoke prospects or donors or of key upcoming grants)
DELIVERABLES AND SCHEDULE
1. List of strategic platforms, donors categories at a global/regional level, with their corresponding entry points and rationale for support for GWP to be reviewed;
2. A dynamic, Donors Mapping Tool designed. The tool is connected with relevant GWP- information management tools
3. This dynamic Donors Mapping tool is fed with a prioritized list of prospective donors for GWP Programmes (at a global/regional level) with a specific focus on GWP and WMO Floods (APFM) and Droughts (IDMP) Management Programmes
4. A power mapping tool is designed for a selection of strategic donors at a global and regional level, building on the intelligence collected to date.
5. Pitch and Engagement facilitated and implemented for a minimum of 15 prioritized prospective donors
The consultancy will start 21st November 2016. Items 1) to be submitted by 1st week of December 2016. Items 2), 3) & 4) should be completed by end December 2016. Item 5) is to be completed by mid to late January 2017.
- 5+ years’ experience in relevant climate, sustainable development areas, preferably at the international level
- Prior contacts and demonstrated knowledge of global/regional sustainable development dialogue platforms and associated partners as well as bilateral, multilateral stakeholders and foundations
- Demonstrated track record of working with fundraising and project development
- Deadline driven and results oriented
- Mastery of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint;
- Excellent command of English
- Please send in your proposal for the services required to [email protected] by Thursday 10th November 2016. Due to limited resources, if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks after the deadline has passed, your proposal will not have been taken further.