Overall objective of the position:
The FST (Field Support Team) will be focused upon providing both direct and indirect support to WASH coordination platforms. All members of the team may also be deployed to or provide support to FST target countries or operations worldwide. All members of the team, although having distinct technical portfolio’s and profiles, are expected to contribute to improved and strengthened WASH coordination (pre, during and after operations) and relevant WASH capacity building activities. All the FST will ensure the functioning of the FST to support coordination and appropriate capacity building, linking with other clusters / actors and response mechanisms at global level, whilst ensuring that FSTs have the tools, capacity and resources they require to sustain high levels of performance in all aspects of their work. Similarly, all team members are expected to contribute to inter-cluster/sector harmonization and cross cutting issues of gender, age, diversity, advocacy, environmental sustainability and accountability to affected populations and ensure dissemination of information, and learning and capacity building through to FSTs.
The FST post holder will support the FST Manager, the CAST and indirectly the Cluster Lead Agency (CLA) in resourcing partners and cluster/sector participants for the effective management and functioning of WASH coordination platforms, encompassing the following:
- Work towards capitalising further on the measurable impact and relevancy of the FST and delivering coordination functions in accordance with the IASC defined cluster functions
- Develop a good understanding of the objectives of the FST concept, reflecting the strategic direction of the Global WASH Cluster and the means by which this position is expected to contribute overall to operational coordination and capacity building
- Capture and document lessons learned, best practices and standards at global level
- Support hub coordination officers in creation of their work-plans and budgets
- Establish and maintain consistency and quality and timeliness of reporting, as per requirements set out by the FST Manager, Geneva
- Contribute to and where required manage any formal agreements or legal frameworks relative to the position
- Attend and propose seminars, workshops and meetings relevant to the position as appropriate
- Provide or contribute to the provision of visibility actions to further promote the FST, GWC and its supporters and partners
- Support the implementation of ‘real-time’ reviews and evaluations during and post operations, develop further mechanisms to inform and gather feedback on coordination and FST deployments, work to define better how the FST works within a framework of accountability and ensures needs based programming.
- Support the decision making the FST manager by ensuring a clear system to consolidate, share, analyze and report/disseminate information critical to decision making
Qualification and previous experience:
– Minimum ten years field management experience in WASH emergency humanitarian contexts
– Strong experience in coordination
– Experience of developing and implementing WASH strategies
– A good understanding of the humanitarian policy environment including current knowledge of the latest WASH policies, research, international standards and developments in the field
– Proven ability to conceptualize, develop, plan monitor and evaluate programmes, as well as to teach skills and build team capacity.
– Experience with natural and complex political emergencies in diverse cultural and climatic settings.
– Experience of applying humanitarian accountability standards and practices.
– Ability to build relationships and networks with international donors, UN agencies and INGOs, national authorities, national/local partner agencies, etc
Knowledge and skills
– Highest-level technical, analytical, negotiation, communication and advocacy skills
– Ability to encourage team-working in a multi-cultural environment
– Excellent training, coaching and mentoring skills
– Excellent leadership skills
– Ability to analyse and present diverse and complex quantitative and qualitative data from a wide range of sources
– Quickly builds rapport with individuals and groups and nurtures good relationships across organizational levels and boundaries from government leaders to all stakeholders and the affected population
– Computer skills
Status: Fixed Term contract of 12 months – Executive Level
Duty station: Flexible – home, ACF Paris office or in UNCIEF, Geneva, Switzerland
Up to 60% deployed, 20% FST/GWC and 20% ACF
Annual Salary: Salary between 54,8 and 62 K€ gross over 13 months, Per-Diem supported by UNICEF when in the field, 19 days of extra leaves (RTT)/ year, complementary health insurance (covered 80% by ACF)
Starting Date: 2nd January 2017
To apply, please visit our website: http://recrutement.actioncontrelafaim.org/positions/view/2238/A-Field-Support-Team-WASH-Cluster-Coordinator/